03 | bruises

CORA

By the time I got out from the shower, he too just came out from his shower with only a white towel wrapped around his waist, revealing his beautiful, beautiful V-line. My eyes traced from his muscular chest to his freaking six-pack that made me have breathing difficulties.

"Enjoying the view eh?" I almost nodded when I saw his devilishly handsome smirk. "What? No!" I quickly closed the curtains to stop myself from looking at him again.

"Don't be shy!" I heard him say cheekily. I quietly giggled and smiled at myself because the happy Shaun was back. When he was quiet and moody, it seemed unusual. Even though he might be a little annoying and dangerous, I still preferred this Shaun.

After putting on a pair of light grey colored sweatpants with a white v-neck t-shirt and went downstairs. I could smell my brother's famous homemade lasagna in the making.

"Heaven," I said while inhaling the smell of lasagna. "Take care of it, I'm going to take a shower," Cody said as he ran upstairs to his bedroom. Not long later, someone rang the doorbell and no doubt it was going to be Shaun. I unlocked the door and there he was, standing like a Greek God wearing a pair of light grey colored sweatpants with a white v-neck t-shirt... Just like me.

He looked at me from head to toe and said, "Couple outfit?"

"No way." I punched his chest jokingly and turned around into my house. "You're pretty obsessed with my chest, aren't you?" He said after shutting the door.

"I hate you."

"You love me."

Those three words, made my heart skipped a beat.

"No, I don't." I turned and stared into his blue eyes.

"Yes, you do." He moved closer to me. His smirk slowly turned into another expression that got my head and heart fighting against each other.

"No, I don't." My back hit the wall.

"Yes, you do." He placed both of his hands on the wall to cage me and there was nowhere I could escape. He eyed my lips for a few seconds and I knew he was going to kiss me but all of these were happening way too fast so I poked his waist and ran away to check on the lasagna.

What was he thinking? No, the question should be: What was I thinking? God damn it.

Few minutes later, Cody came down and dinner was ready. The three of us sat around the table and started eating my brother's homemade lasagna. It was awkward at first after Shaun nearly kissed me, but slowly, the atmosphere went back to normal.

Fortunately, Cody didn't give Shaun the I-know-what-the-fuck-you-just-did-with-my-sister-look so I was pretty sure Cody didn't know what happened just now. Thank God. I wanted to tell Tim about what happened but considering Tim wasn't really fond of Shaun, I thought about Sara, but she was too encouraging about me and Shaun so at last, I decided to keep it between myself.

Half way through dinner, Shaun's phone rang and he excused himself to pick up the call. Just a few seconds after he stepped outside, Cody and I heard him yelling. "I'll go check on him," I told Cody and he nodded. I went outside and when his eyes met mine, his voice went down and his shoulders began to relax.

"I'll talk to you another day." He shoved his phone back into his pocket and came to me. "Hey, is everything okay?" I found myself asking him.

"Yeah." He seemed to be shocked at my concern but it was immediately covered up by a smile that had pain beneath it.

"Are you feeling better?" He nodded and I felt relieved. "C'mon let's finish up our dinner." He motioned his head and gently pulled me back into my house. I couldn't forget the warmth he gave my wrist the moment his skin connected with mine.