32 | his way

CORA

Put two crazily in love teenagers during their exam period was never a good idea as Shaun and I would always end up asleep in each other's arms half way studying. That was why we made a rule of not studying together until exams were over. I even had to close the curtains, just in case.

The exams went by in a blink of an eye and I was worrying about what to wear for tomorrow's graduation. Sara must be either hanging out with Tyler or Gale because she wasn't picking up her phone.

"Need some help?" A smile appeared across my lips.

"I have no idea what I'm going to wear tomorrow, I don't wanna look bad." I lied down on my bed. I had already picked out three of my favorite dresses, and all of them were either red or black. "Maybe you should have a change in color, you're always wearing red, if not black." That was because those were the colors that suited me the most.

"Actually, I noticed that you've never wore the white dress that I bought you. Go and try it on."

"But—"

"No buts! Nothing wrong trying something new, my dear." Sighing, I dragged myself into the bathroom to put on the white dress. Thank God I was still slim enough to fit in the dress because this was the first white dress that I looked good in.

"I told you that you'd look stunning. The boy next door wont be taking his eyes off you easily," mum teased me. When she saw my cheeks turning pink, she left the room.

The next day, mum wanted to take a picture of Shaun and I first before we head to school so I went over his place to call him over. I didn't bother to knock or ring the doorbell because his place had become my second house. I walked in, only seeing him struggling with his black necktie. I stood on my spot and started laughing at his clumsiness because he was making a mess out of it. The moment he turned his gaze to me, I died a little bit inside because this was the first time him wearing a full suit in front of me.

"Why you look beautiful, Miss Leighton," he complimented and even after so long, he still managed to make my blush.

"And you look handsome, Mr Dashing." I smirked and made my way closer to him. I tugged on his tie and pulled him closer to me, so that I could help him do his tie but boys will be boys. He thought I wanted to kiss him. Even though I had no intention on doing that, I wouldn't say no to it. He held on to my back and dipped me down a little, before launching his lips onto mine.

Before we went any further, I pulled away and smiled against his lips. "My parents are waiting for us and I still need to get your tie done." He chuckled in his manly voice and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Since when were you so good in tying neckties?"

"Mum taught me a few years back. She told me that every man needs a woman to tie his necktie. I still don't understand the background meaning of it but I knew the skill would come in handy." A smirk was forming on his face as he wrapped his muscular arms around my waist.

"It sure is handy."

When I was done, my eyes shot up to his blue ones. They were staring down at me the whole time, I realized. "You know. I like seeing you so focused. It's like a masterpiece." I pushed him away jokingly. "Enough with the flirts, time to collect our diplomas." But instead of getting out of the houses, he pulled me closer. And then there was a snap and a flash.

"You guys better thank me for this picture." Gale was holding his phone, smiling at it. "Send it to me," Shaun ordered and Gale told us he already did.

"C'mon, my mum wants a picture." I dragged the both of them to my house and my brother was busy adjusting his suit. "You look nice, bro." He rolled his eyes and scanned the room before sending me his finger.