Chapter 3

Chapter 3

When I entered the restaurant, I couldn't believe my eyes. I looked back at Louis and a smile spread across his face. "Did you set this up?" I asked.

"Yeah. I thought since you'd be living with me for the weekend you were going to meet them sooner or later," he said, his smile not once leaving his face.

I stepped towards him to give him a hug for the third time today. Something about him seemed comforting. Every time I hugged him I felt as if I was meant to. I couldn't figure out why. "Thanks, Louis," I said into his shirt. I could feel the rumble in his stomach as he let a small chuckle escape his lips. He pulled away from me, and we started toward the four boys.

"Hey lads. Glad you could make it. This is Ellie. She's the contest winner I was telling you about. She'll be staying with me at my flat this weekend," he said to the boys standing in front of us.

I could feel the heat in my cheeks rise as the boys introduced themselves.

"Hi, I'm Liam, the smart one," the guy with the buzz cut said as he gave me a small wave before putting his hand back in his pocket. I smiled in return.

"Hello, love. I'm Niall, the funny one," the one with blond hair and an Irish accent said. He smiled at me and the heat in my cheeks grew.

"Hey. I'm Zayn, the vain one," the guy with sleek black hair said. I let out a small giggle and smiled as he put air quotes around the word vain.

"And, last but not least. Hi. I'm Harry, the flirt," said the curly haired boy with green eyes. He winked at me, and I looked down at my feet trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. He took my hand and planted a kiss on my cold skin. He smiled as he pulled away. I'm pretty sure he noticed my cheeks burning up.

"Hi, I'm Ellie Wilson. It's great to meet you guys," I said with a big smile on my face. The boys all smiled back at me.

"Are you hungry, Ellie?" asked Liam. As if on cue, my stomach growled.

"Uh...yeah. I guess I am," I laughed.

"FOOD!" yelled Niall. We all laughed at the hungry Irish boy's outburst.

We got a table next to a window in the back of the restaurant. I sat next to Louis and Harry. Niall sat across from me, and Zayn and Liam sat next to him. Our waitress came up to our table and took orders for our drinks. She looked to be about twenty-one. She had bright red curly hair laying on her shoulders. Her eyes seemed to be a hazel color, and she had three different holes in each ear. "Alright, Pepsi and for you miss?" she said as she turned to me.

"Um...can I have an iced tea please?" I asked.

"Sure thing sweetie. I'll be right back with those," she said in her American accent before walking away.

"So Ellie. Tell us about yourself," suggested Zayn.

"Um...what do you want to know?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Tell us about your family and friends," said Liam. Before I could speak, the red-headed waitress came back with our drinks. Thank you's were said all around as she took our orders. Once she left, I took a drink of my tea. "So tell us Ellie," Liam encouraged.

"Well...um...I...," I couldn't find the words to explain my family again. The pain from that dreadful night was slowly returning. I looked down at my hands resting on my lap as the tears started to form in my eyes. Louis saw the tears starting to come, and he pulled me in for a comforting hug. I let the tears fall from my eyes as I buried my face in Louis' shirt.

"Did I say something?" Liam said his voice laced with concern.

"No, Liam. It's not your fault. She's just had a few bad experiences," Louis explained for me. He rubbed my back to comfort me. The tears stopped falling from my eyes as I pulled away from Louis' embrace.