DaveKat #2

(A/N) This is my little contribution to today's upd8. I hope you guys enjoy and remember to drop a request! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuck, Fuck where are they? Where is he?" Dave mumbled to himself as he stared out into the dark sky littered with stars above him. His battle was long done for. Dirk, Terezi, and himself went back to the meteor finding Rose, Jane, Roxy, John, Jake, and Kanaya there. Soon after all sprites came back too. The only ones missing were Vriska and Karkat. Of course soon enough Karkat was the only one left missing as Vriska zoomed into view. Her hair whipped around herself as she landed the perfect "hero landing" from her rocket boots. Terezi ran over to her moirail the second she smelled her and gave her the biggest most bone crushingly hard hug she could muster. Dave had to admit though, he was a bit disappointed. He was hoping Karkat had magically gotten a hold of a pair of rocket boots and was the one traveling through space to reunite with Dave.

"Where's Karkat?" Vriska asked once her palemate decided the hug had lasted long enough. Dave let out an anxious little sigh and shrugged. "I just saw him after we gave English the big KO, don't tell me he kicked the can already!" Dave shot an angry and confused look at Kanaya who looked just as shocked as Dave. From his understanding, Kanaya knocked him out and he was passed out on Jade's land this entire time. That's what Kanaya told him. And now Karkat was out doing who knows what with Vriska to Lord English. Fuck, he was probably blown to smithereens.

"I dunno man," Dave said, panic clear in his voice. Vriska let out a long sigh and thought for a moment before snapping her fingers after concluding whatever thought she had.

"The poor chump is probably still on LOFAF, he was a fighting as his dream self after all." Dave's felt a twinge hope grow in his chest. Just as he was about to volunteer for Karkat pick up duty, Vriska already claimed herself the volunteer. She bade farewell to Terezi and the others before kicking off on her rocket boots and floating back into the nothingness of space.

Great. Now he was back to his previous state.

Dave waited. He waited a solid ten minutes in complete relaxation before his nerves got the best of him. He was nervously messing with his sleeves, with his cape, hell he started messing with John's hood. He didn't care what he was doing he just had to do something to distract himself from thinking the worst.

"Fuck, where are they?? Vriska should be here by now. It doesn't take that long to find Karkat and drag his ass back here." Dave growled out. He was tempted to fly out and find them himself but Rose spoke before he could do anything.

"Come on Dave. This is Karkat we're talking about, not to offend him or you but we both know that he is a bit difficult. Do you honestly believe he's willingly let Vriska carry him throughout the vast and empty mass of space from there to here? Even if he did he'd probably end up a bit terrified of being dropped by her. After all, Vriska has proven herself to not be the most reliable when it comes to keeping trolls from falling from high up places. They'll be here soon." That didn't help at all. That only gave Dave something more to worry about.

"Jesus fuck, what if she dropped him? What if he landed on some weird other planet or galaxy or whatever he fell on that has a flat surface? What if instead of him living the rest of his life in a fucking wheelchair he's now been turned into a not very nutritious Karkat pancake. A Karcake if you will. What if--"

"Dave if Vriska does end up turning Karkat into a breakfast delicacy than I will personally kick her ass." Kanaya said, shutting up the Knight of Time's little ramble. "But, I have complete trust that Vriska won't do that so the ass kicking probably won't be needed." Dave nodded slightly and returned his gaze to the sky above him.

Another ten minutes passed by, Dirk and John were both sitting on either side of him idly chatting and trying to calm Dave down when suddenly he heard it. It was faint at first and Dave was sure he was imagining it, then he heard it clearer. The Knight of Time scrambled to his feet and squinted into the distance, pushing his signature sunglasses up to the top of his head so he could see better. Yep. There they were. Karkat was thrashing his legs wildly and loudly screeching profanities at Vriska who was holding him by his underarms and flying towards them at top speed.

Closer, closer. Dave could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He floated an inch off the ground and watched as the two figures grew larger and larger the closer they became. Finally, finally, Vriska got low enough to drop Karkat onto the ground. Dave took off like a rocket, flying towards Karkat and crashing into him with a hug, knocking the wind out of the small and slightly beat up troll.

"What the fuck Dave?!" Karkat gasped out. Dave was laughing and crying at the same time. He was just so happy. So happy. Karkat was back and alive and fuck he was so happy.

"Dude, Karkat. Oh my god, oh my god you're here. I thought you were, I thought you wouldn't, Jesus Christ you're okay..." Dave let out another sob-laugh and this time Karkat could feel himself tear up a little too. In all honesty he himself didn't believe he'd survive through the hellish battle between Lord English. There was some close calls and he was just grateful that those ghosts were so determined to kick the crap out of that gigantic asshole.

Karkat wrapped his arms around Dave and he soon erupted into his own fit of sobs and laughs. They were just so happy to be back together.