The Kind-Hearted Kid

A/N: Welcome to my first story! I don't know why I like fanfiction and I don't know why I like Pokemon so much, but if you are reading this it's probably because you like the same thing! I'm pretty lazy so I don't really have a schedule for chapters but I probably won't even publish this until it's completed anyways. I'm a bit insecure about this actually. That's besides the point though. This story will be told in Ash's P.O.V. because it won't be as emotional if it was in any other P.O.V. Flashbacks and other instances may not be in Ash's P.O.V. and will probably be in third person. Also, I'm not telling you to cut me some slack, but cut me some slack. Just so you know, I do not hate any shippings and respect your decisions, so if I use a certain shipping in a bad way, it is for the purpose of the story I swear. I guess I'd be considered a multishipper, but I've liked Amourshipping the most even though my old favorite shipping was Pearlshipping. Anyways, let's start the story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before everything went down hill, I almost beat Champion Diantha of the Kalos League. Her mega evolved Gardevoir was too much for my Greninja and me. Sure, the defeat was sad for me and my Pokemon, but I had my friends there for me. Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie were there to cheer me up as well as a few calls from past friends and my mom. However, what lifted my spirits was the fact that Serena confessed to me a day later at night. It cheered me up instantly. I forgot about the league. You see, I am not as dense as I am made out to be. I, personally, am not interested in romance. That was the case until I spent more time with Serena. She was all I could ask for. Ask I did, and Serena confessed. It's been five years since that confession and I am still emotional about how I ended up. I'll start with a month after the confession.
-------------------------
Flashback
-------------------------
After spending some time in Kalos with Serena, we decided to go meet with my mom, Delia, back in Kanto. I was anxious to introduce Serena to my mom, who I knew would accept her. She's so supportive of me. A little too supportive sometimes. Seriously, she doesn't need to ask me if I changed my... I mean nothing. Today was the day we would say bye to Grace, Serena's mom, and go to Kanto. We decided to take a beautiful cruise liner there. Who wouldn't take that offer? I got on free of charge due to the captain being honored to let a contender of Diantha as good as me (not to brag or anything) on his ship. I still regret this decision to this day...

"I can't wait to try all the food on this ship and maybe even battle! I heard there are battle grounds in a protected part of the ship," Ash said.

"Oh come on Ash, how about just relaxing on the ship. I'm sure many people in Kanto will want to battle you as soon as you get off," Serena said after giggling.

"Ok Serena but if someone really strong or cool wants to battle I won't hesitate!" Ash nearly shouted.

"Let's find our room before we do anything." Serena wisely stated while giggling at Ash's behavior.

"You're right,  let's go!" Ash barely let out before running.

Ash got to the room and put all his stuff down. He let Pikachu stay in the room while he went to find Serena, who was taking awfully long to get to the room. Little did he know that this was what would start the downfall of him.

Ash was about to leave the room when the door opened and Serena was there with another boy and her Delphox behind them. Ash could have sworn he saw a sparkle in her eyes when she looked at the boy. Pikachu quickly looked at Delphox, who had a worried expression on her face. Pikachu could sense something bad was going to happen in the near future based on what he saw.

"Oh hey, Ash. I found him here. He's a childhood friend from Vaniville town who is going to challenge the Kanto League this year," Serena said.

"Name's Calem," the boy said squinting at Ash.

"Ash, Serena's boyfriend and soon to be Pokemon Master," Ash replied almost emphasizing the word 'boyfriend'.

You could almost taste the tension building up in the room.

"Well I'm glad you two introduced yourselves. I'll see you later Calem." Serena said worriedly.

"Bye." Calem simply stated.

Ash watched him leave, burning a hole in his back. Good thing his aura wasn't too strong thanks to his little training.  Serena thought she saw Ash's eyes turn blue for a second, but she shrugged it off blaming it on the late night.

"Uh, Ash? Are you going to keep staring at him, you're kind of scaring me." Serena said.

"Sorry Serena, I'm fine." Ash replied.

"I'm going to go wash up now." Serena said walking toward the bathroom.

"Ok." Ash said.

They both got washed up and headed to bed.

---------------------
End of Flashback
---------------------

I still remember what happened next like it was just yesterday...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Short first chapter, but I intended it to be that way. It's just an intro to the main event and start of the depression. See you in the next chapter!