'Is anyone there at all' 1

Mackenzie's POV
I woke up to Clare ripping of my blanket to wake me off, the nice warm blanket was replaced with a cold breezy air that gave me goosebumps on my arms. "Wake up Kenzie, it's family visiting day!" My 7 year old roommate screamed in excitement.

Today we let some familys that want to adopt in the orphanage to see what child they want, aka the day I won't get adopted! I sat up and put my feet on the cold hard wooded floors and  got out my clothes for the day.

I got on my grey beanie, hoodie, black skinny jeans and my what converse.

I brushed my hair out and walked out of my room to the dinning room, I walked down the long hallways and hear girls laughing, screaming, talking

I brushed my hair out and walked out of my room to the dinning room, I walked down the long hallways and hear girls laughing, screaming, talking. When I walked into the room I went to the serving counter and chose what I wanted to eat, I examined on what foods will make me fat. So I grabbed an apple and walked to the back corner table were I normally sit, I sat down and dug into my apple and saw my friends come over.

Amy sat next to me, Jordan sat beside her and Sally sat on the other side on me. "Hey kenz, do you need more food?" Amy questioned "do you want to get me fater ?! I asked. They lol sighed and started to eat "you know your not fat" Jordan reminded me but I never believed her.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the boss of this place rang her bell "girls plz exit the room and clean your dorms as they will be here in 10 mins, you will stay in your room and will met them in your rooms!" The room was clearing fast so I said goodbye to my friends and headed to my room.

Clare was already in her room making her bed so I closed the door and made my bed, after I was done I sat down on my bed and faced Clare who looked worried about something but I smiled to somehow Brighten her day.

"We're not going to get adopted, are we?" She asked in a sad tone, I sat next to her on her bed and hugged her on her side "one day" I said.

We got a knock on our door so we stood up and opened the door, there was 4 tall guys one with dark hair, one with crazy red hair, one with blonde hair and a dirty blonde. They all waved at as and we smiled back. "Boys this is Clare and Mackenzie" a woman said. We waved at them and they introduced them selfs "hey I'm Ashton this is Michael, Calum and Luke" the dirty blonde said.

"Hi I'm Clare and I like sports"! She said in her happy voice, yeah she was extremely sporty NO JOKE! She could run faster than a racing car. They smiled at her and looked at  me waiting me to speck "hey I'm Mackenzie and I love rock music" I said and they had smirks on there faces, well I don't think they liked me.

2 hours when by and some families came by but I didn't really like any of them, all the families look like boring people with bossy childern. But i kinda like the boys but they wouldnt even pick me.

Right now its school time were we have to stay in our room untill or school work has been done, i really hate school. Im shit at maths and history, but I love music. The reson why i love music was that one of our care givers loves rock so when the boss isnt around she wuld come into my room and play some rock music from her phone, sadly she quite 3 years ago so that sucks.