Chapter 1

(L/n): Last name

(F/n): First name

"I'M LATE! I'M LATE!" I couldn't be late on my first day! I just couldn't! I ran through the school gates as fast as my legs would carry me, my black shoes pounding rhythmically onto the cobbled ground and my book bag bouncing on my side with every step. I'd visited the school a couple of days earlier, so I more or less knew my way around, although truth be told I'd never had the best sense of direction... I was in class 2A, which was near the library on the left side, or was it the right side?

I'm so screwed, I thought.

I was breathless when I finally entered the room, and me being me, I obviously had to trip the second I came into the classroom.

"(L/n),(F/n)." The teacher glanced at the floor, and I offered a weak wave as I got up. I was greeted by a general silence, which only accentuated the quiet snickers that could be heard from a few (a lot) of the students. "Right on cue, Miss (L/n)." The teacher said, stifling a giggle herself. I dusted myself off and blushed bright red, what a start, I mused. "Class, this is our new honour student, why don't you introduce yourself?" I cleared my throat.

"Hi, I'm (L/n), (F/n). I transferred here from Iwatobi High, and I'm usually not this much of a klutz..." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. The teacher gave me a kind smile.

"Thank you (Y/n), you can go sit down next to Tamaki Souh. Raise your hand Tamaki." A blonde boy with purple eyes raised his hand, and I hurried to my seat, trying to forget the incident as soon as possible.

"Way to make an entrance," Whispered the blonde boy, Tamaki was it? I gave him a look that said drop it, but he clearly didn't seem to take the hint. "I mean... That was super dramatic! And that timing! It's as if this were all planned out or something, like a TV sho-"

"Can you not, please? I'm trying to move past it..." I cut him off before my face turned red again, how could I just be so clumsy? He turned really white and dashed off to a corner, surrounded by a dark aura. Nobody really gave him a second glance though. And he calls me dramatic... Says the one with an emo corner... I rolled my eyes and started taking notes, I didn't really need to, I'd already learnt about this topic, but I didn't want to miss any extra details.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a boy. He had rectangular glasses and pitch black hair, and he was writing in a small black notebook with a focused look in his greyish eyes. Suddenly his gaze met mine and he smirked, closing the notebook. I narrowed my eyes, I didn't like that smirk of his... It seemed cold, calculating and all-knowing for some reason. He had certainly piqued my interest, but not in a good way. I had a feeling I was going to want to steer clear of him, as well as of that purple eyed weirdo...

***

Classes slugged by monotonously that day, until art class that is. It was my favorite lesson by far; and this school's art program wasn't famous for nothing. When I entered the art room I was absolutely blown away; there was shelf upon shelf packed with Amsterdam Acrylics, Winston & Newton oil paints, Aquarelles imported from France... Gorgeous pencil and pastel sets lined the walls and an assortment of canvases, notebooks and other equipment of the sort was stacked neatly in a corner. It was an art geek's dream come true! Easels were spread around the room, all with a small wheeled desk of drawers and a jar with brand new paintbrushes.

What caught my attention the most were the floor to ceiling windows that lined the outermost wall of the room. Beautiful natural light shone through them, and the view of the cherry trees that would bloom in the spring was ideal. A lonely easel was placed there, most of the others already had canvases on them, so I assumed nobody was using it. This had to be my lucky day!