Emotional [ 1 ]

Chapter 1 New Home.

Mackenzie's POV

"Mom, you know how I feel about this.." I sighed looking down.

Today we were moving to Texas. Houston Texas. We're on the flight right now and It's the middle of September and I'm gonna be stuck being the new kid. again.

"I know but your dad has a job out there and taxes are better and we have a nice house there, you'll make new friends and you'll have fun." My mom smiled.

"He's not my dad." I huffed crossing my arms.

"Look, I understand that you don't want him to be your dad but honey.. He's a really nice guy and he means a lot to me. So do you! Could you just please give him a chance." My mom said, looking down at me.

I ignored her and turned to face the window of the airplane.

He isn't my dad and he never will be. I don't see why she's trying to get me to like him when she replaced my dad so easily. Growing up with divorced parents isn't easy. Let me tell ya. I understand that I'm stubborn but I just hate the fact that she got over him so quickly.

I heard a sigh from my mom but I put an earbud in and slowly fell asleep.

❀✿❀✿

After the dreadful airplane trip, we finally made it and I glanced out the window and took a deep breath. here goes nothing..

Once we got off the airplane we were greeted by my stepdad, or how I like to call him. "Ben."

"Hey sweetie!" Ben exclaimed.

"Ben." I said. My mom gave me the 'I'm gonna beat your ass if you don't stop it' look so I chilled out a little.

"You're going to love it here. There's plenty to do and you'll make great friends." He smiled and pulled me into a hug which I returned.

We got in the car and pulled up to the house about 20 minutes later and his house was huge. And when I say huge, I mean mansion.

"Let me show you to your room." Ben smiled and brought me upstairs to it.

When I walked up the stairs I looked around and saw all of the other stuff he has and there's quite a lot of it.

We got to my room and my jaw dropped when he opened it.

"Holy shit." I said with surprisement.

"Mack! Language!" My mom shouted.

"My bad." I shrugged.

When I looked around the room it was perfect. I looked back to see if he was still there but he had already left. typical

Light blue walls, white carpet, (that probably isn't going to stay white due to all the food I eat at night) flat screen TV, a queen sized bed, my own bathroom.

"Ugh" I groaned. hate how rich he was because I don't want to be one of those "rich new kids" but I really do like my room.

I unpacked my things and set up everything how I wanted it to look and then finished right around dinner time which took around 15 minutes.

After dinner I went up to my room and changed into my night clothes and slowly drifted to sleep listening to maroon 5 and others on my playlist.

❀✿❀✿

How is it so far? Yikes I tried but this is only the first chapter, it gets better I promise :)) xx - falanie