Tips and Tricks

Keep the writing hidden from EVERYONE. Unless wanting to get constructive criticism.

Introduce all your characters first third of the introduction. You can have them do an action ("She trotted all the way home with slow but quick pace") on the first sentence, just don't immediately describe them ("My name is Katie, I have brown hair, and brown eyes".)

Carry a notebook around so you can jot down some character appearances, backgrounds, or events (Long red hair, windy, concert)

Work on a story on a computer with no internet. It could mean a long term distraction. If you need internet to research about events in your book, their is a download called Self Control, where you can block Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.

Remember, your reader is not a person who is watching your every move, if it was that, then they are a fan of yours.

Just write like you write. No one wants two Stephen Kings.

When you're stuck, take a walk or go to a local coffee shop. Anything that is calming and isn't intimidating and it will help you gain motivation and get your writing ready. Just don't shelter yourself with a cup of joe.

"When people say something is wrong they're almost always right. But if they say it's wrong and tell you how to do it, they are almost always wrong." -Neil Gaiman

Make a word better with a thesaurus. Then use a better word for the new word. Example: Cool, Frost, Rime. BE SURE NOT TO OVERDUE THIS!!!

Ask for more and more criticism of your writing. No, you weren't magically born a Shakespeare. You need more and more advice!!

Make a schedule of writing. And stick with it.

Don't wait for ideas, they come everywhere!

A spade is a spade. Not a long pointed garden implement!

And finally...
Read! When your done with that, read more! When you run out of reading material, make a short story and read that!

Before you start writing, decide your viewpoint. 1st person, 2nd person, and 3rd person

1st Person: "I love reading Team Royal" The main character is the point of view in the story

2nd Person: "We love reading Team Royal". Someone tells you whats going on.

3rd Person: "They love reading Team Royal." The author is telling you the story.

______________________________________________