✿✽❀~ seven ~❀✽✿

w  e  e  k   7   :   c  h  e  r  r  y   b  l  o  s  s  o  m  s

During the last week of January, the sun finally decided to shine the way it was meant to when it decided to shine in Australia, and for the entirety of the week, I had no choice but to suffer.

It had become so hot in such a short amount of time that a few bridges around the city had cracked from the concrete expanding too quickly. Granted, the bridges were bull dust to begin with, but this was still huge because it ruined everybody's schedules. Thankfully nobody was hurt when the bridges cracked, but in order for the bridges to undergo construction, multiple roads had to be shut down by the state. Before long, it was taking people hours to get to places of work only twenty kilometres away.

Mum's workplace was a whopping forty-five kilometres away from our house, and so on Wednesday morning, she packed a bag and told me that she was going to be staying with Stacy—who only lived three kilometers away from her work—until the bridges were fixed.

The first night without Mum had been an absolute ripper. I ordered Chinese food—that, granted, was cold by the time it arrived, but I  just warmed it up in the microwave and called it a day—and I ate it by the tv with, get this, my feet on Mum's glass table. Something that would usually earn me a long talking-to as I did the even longer job of wiping it down with some RapidClean.

Eventually I felt guilty though, so I actually ended up cleaning the glass as I watched some episodes of The Fresh Prince. And before long, my mind found its way back to Juliet so I had to turn off the tv and go up to my room to—uh, take care of...something.

If I think back on it, the night probably wasn't as epic as it had felt, but in the moment, having complete control over it was more what made it appealing to me...until the next day at least. Breakfast was fine, I could get away with a bowl of stale cereal, but lunch was what really got me, because I had absolutely no idea how to cook anything other than dry oats, and we didn't have a single dry oat. This was the point in time where—if she were here—Mum would usually think up some genius idea for a meal and then cook it while I cheered her on from the counters.

In the spirit of not starving, I ended up deciding to make some spaghetti and meatballs. The spaghetti came out fine, all stringy like it was meant to be, but in making the sauce, I must not have cooked the meat all the way, because the next thing I knew, I was running from my empty bowl of food to go chuck it all back up in the toilet.

I ended up being sick for the next two days, sick enough that Mum was considering coming back and skipping work to take care of me. Since I didn't want her to miss work, I had to pull together my best façade so that she would think I was okay when truly I was shitting out glitter.

Reluctantly, she believed me, and proceeded to tell me about the special delivery that Juliet would be making the next day. And the thought of seeing her again so soon made my heart race faster than those raw meatballs had. Honestly, the only thing that got me out of bed that Saturday was the sound of that trusty doorbell that I had been waiting for all week. I got out of bed and tried my best to make myself look presentable, because with eyes as big as Flowergirl's, surely she could see my every flaw in Technicolor.

I all but ran down the stairs, even though my body was screaming out for me to slow down, and I ran until I reached the door, a smile that only she could bring planted on my face.

I opened the door, and before I had time to muster up a greeting, I felt the wind get knocked out of me as I looked at the girl that stood before me. I said a silent prayer, thanking God for the sun that I had been despising for the past week, for without it, Flowergirl would not have been standing before me wearing the shortest shorts ever known to mankind.