kuchisake-onna

Kuchisake-onna

Kuchisake-onna (口裂け女) is a figure appearing in Japanese urban legends. She is a woman who wasmutilated by her husband, and returns as a malicious spirit. When rumors of alleged sightings began spreading in 1979 around the Nagasaki prefecture, it spread throughout Japan ans caused panic in many towns. There are even reports of schools allowing children to go home only in groups escorted by teachers for safety,and of police increasing their patrols. Recent sightings include many reports in South Korea in the year 2004 about a woman wearing a red mask who was frequently seen chasing children, and, in October 2007, a coroner found some old records from the late 1970s about a woman who was chasing little children. She was then hit by a car, and died shortly after. Her mouth was ripped from ear to ear.

When the legend reappeared, in the 1970s, there were ways to scape from her killing or slitting your mouth

One was to say "You are average." or "So-so" or asking "Am I pretty?"

Unsure of what to do, she will give time to the person to scape while she is lost in thought.
The other one is to tell her where you are heading and that you are running late. She will excuse herself and let you go.
The last one is to throw candy's and her and while she picks it up, the person will have enough time to run away.