Chapter 3 - Goodbye

*Still Chara's POV*
As I walked down the stairs, I felt y/n stirr. She shouldn't be able to wake up yet. Not in the ruins.
I shrugged it off. Whatever. She probably was just trying and almost succeeded. She's not powerful enough to surpass me.
I caught up to Toriel blocking the door.
"So many of you have been captured and killed....I won't let that happen to you as well...so I'm destroying the exit."
"Don't." I ordered. She wasnt going to stop me here.
"I can't risk you going out there." She said, fireballs sifting in her hands. I drew my knife out and smirked. If only she knew it was her former child that was going to kill her. I can't wait.
Pressing the fight option behind me, I jumped at her, striking her with the toy knife. Hurt in her eyes, she summoned multiple fireballs upon me. I easily dodged them. Once again I struck her.
It wasn't too long after multiple easy strikes, my health was barely harmed and she was down on her knees.
"My child, I can't let you through. I now see it's not for your safety...but for theirs...." She mustered up those words, though she was close to death.
She threw two large hands with fireballs around me. It slightly took down my health but it didn't matter. I walked up to her and sliced her across her chest. She looked up at me and with one last breath, she muttered the most hilarious words I've heard in a long time.
"You monster." Toriel muttered. Funny, seeing as SHE is the race of the monsters. I watched her crumble into dust. I smirked and walked over to the exit. "Well, I guess it's time to let you take control, y/n. But don't worry...I'll be here."