Chapter 1

Here is chapter 1 enjoy my lovely butterflies!

A Year Ago: Prom Night

Darius

I woke up to see Nichole laying on top of my body. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes before getting up and slipping my clothes back on. I looked back at Nichole as she stirred in her sleep. No doubt that I love Nichole, but Malia is a good girl. I slipped on my shoes and walked out the door.

I stood back waiting for Malia to open the door. When she opened the door, she held a huge smile on her face, but looking at my outfit, she knew before I could tell her.
"Uh come in."
I walked into her parents house and sat in her couch.
"Uh where are your parents?"
"Mom is upstairs asleep and dad already left for work."
"Oh...ok. Look I..."
"Did you sleep with her?"
I sighed and looked away.
"I want to be so angry with you, but I can't when she was there first. No matter what she will always be your first love. I just wish you didn't let me fall for you."
"I'm so sorry Malia. I didn't plan for this to happen."
"You didn't plan it, but I saw it coming. You chose her, you always will. I just don't understand why?"
"I know it's stupid, but I want her. I always have, it's something about her that makes me want to protect her every chance I get."
"I wish you would have seen me like that?"
"I care about you, my heart just isn't there a 100%. I'm sorry."
She wiped her eyes and nodded.
"Yeah."
I stood up heading to the door with her standing behind me. Once I walked onto her porch, I turned around and embraced her. She hugged me back as she hid her face in my shirt. I kissed the top of her head and walked to my car.
I can't say how horrible I feel about having to hurt her, but I feel good about this choice. I love Nichole and I realize now that I can't go on without her.
I pulled into her driveway at the same time my mom and Trey were both blowing up my phone. I silenced my phone and walked to her door.
"Nichole?"
I came face to face with her mom who stared at me with hope, but once she realized it was me, she looked disappointed. My phone then started back ringing. It was Trey.
"What's going on?"
I looked at Nichole's mom as I answered my phone.
"Trey, what's up?"
"You heard from Nichole?"
"No. Why is everyone looking for her, is she in trouble?"
"Where you at, man?"
"I'm at her place with her mom. Trey What's going on?"
"I'll meet you there."
He hung up and I stood there looking dumbfounded. How does he know where Nichole lives?
My mom was texting my phone, so I texted her Nichole's address to meet me here. I then started calling Nichole's phone, but it was going straight to voicemail.
"Hey Nichole, it's me. When you get this message call me back."
I put my phone down and waited for both my mom and Trey.
When they finally came over the looks on their face told me something was not right.
"What is going on?"
No one said anything but when I looked at my mom I gave her no choice.
"Well I ran into Nichole at my job a few weeks ago."
"Well you work at a hospital, that's not..."
"No, my volunteer job."
I didn't understand at first, until it clicked in my head.
"The pregnancy clinic?"
She looked away and my focus quickly went to Trey.
"What is going on and I don't want no Bullsh!t answer."
"Bro Nichole is pregnant and we all been trying to talk her out of abortion."
I was livid, I mean I was boiling over.
"Why would she try to get an abortion knowing how I feel?"
"It's my fault..."
I turned towards Nichole's mom who had tears in her eyes.
"...I left Nichole as a teen. I was heavy on drugs and I left her to take care of herself at a young age. She doesn't want to be like me."

"But I would never leave her or my kid."

I sighed and tried to call Nichole over and over, but they all went straight to voicemail. I was worried about her and my kid. I want a kid maybe not right now, but since it is here I'm not going to run from them.

The longer it was taking for Nichole to call me back, the more frustrated I was getting. A part of me understand her reasons behind getting an abortion. I just want her to call me back so we can talk about this and work through this, but every time I looked at my phone and saw no calls or texts from Nichole my hope dims. I sighed and walked up to her room. I looked around and instantly memories came flooding back from her being at my home and in my bed.

We laid in my bed both of us naked and Nichole holding onto me. I was tired, I put in work and I obviously held back by a lot.

"Where do you see yourself after graduation."

I turned to face Nichole, she caught me completely off guard.

"I don't really know, no one ever asked me that so I didn't really have to think about it."

"I want to go to my favorite college."

"Which is?"

She looked at me with a playful smile, a gorgeous smile.

"Louisiana State University."

"LSU really? I expected you to stay here and continue to study."

"No, I want to leave my past completely behind. I am too afraid that it will catch up to me, so I want to go and have a new start."

She paused not saying anything even though it was evident that something was clearly on her mind.

"What's wrong?"
She looked up at me and I could see the seriousness on her face.

"If I left, would you come with me?"
I looked at her confused. I was shocked that she asked me. By the look I gave her, she shook her head and looked back at my chest.

"Never mind, forget I said that, you have a life too."

"Nah don't take it back. I would, I just didn't expect that. I actually didn't expect this whole conversation. Don't worry ma, Ariel and I will be there for you. I kissed the top of her head and held her closer and closed my eyes once I heard her sigh in content.

I looked around a little more before sighing and sitting on her bed. I rubbed through my hair and tried to think, she is coming back, I mean she has to, right?