eight

Allyson Brooke, nicknamed Ally for short, sat on Lauren's bed with the pale girl's head in her lap. Lauren's room had changed drastically over the years. She had ash gray walls with dead dragonflies in frames hanging up, quotes from her favorite authors painted in beautiful, obsidian calligraphy, and a trophy case dedicated to her extensive scissor collection.

Her floors were a deep, cozy maroon carpeting and her dressers were a dark mahogany. Odd things floating in jars with the labels peeled off of them littered nearly every available surface in the room. A fake human skull, which she told everyone was real, sat on her night stand facing toward the bed side. Her canopy bed's curtains changed from the pretty cotton-candy-pink to a red so dark that from a distance, it would seem black.

Lauren's head shifted to look up at the blonde. Ally had recently traded her pretty brown hair in for a dirty blonde color. The blonde hair hung in loose curls that brushed Lauren's face every time the brown eyed girl moved. A heavy sigh went through Lauren's chest and Ally's eyes immediately were drawn to her friend-with-benefits.

Those brown eyes took in how much Lauren had changed over the years. She dyed her hair black instead of her light brown. The pale teen had gone through a phase at some point where she got piercings and tattoos just to piss off her parents. She had a nose piercing, not to mention the three on each ear.

Lauren had a tattoo of the number 27 in Roman numerals on the inside of her arm, a dragonfly on the back of her neck and the words 'Don't Give Up' right beneath her breasts. Well, that one only Ally had seen. Lauren had finally reached her growth spurt around eighth grade when she got taller and her chest nearly doubled in size. She jumped from an A cup to a C by the time she was on her way to high school.

She had an old fashioned typed body, an hourglass figure. The blonde leaned down at Lauren's previous sigh and captured her lips in a sweet kiss meant to only calm her down. They weren't anything serious; in fact Ally had a boyfriend. Yet, Ally knew how hard the past years had been on Lauren and if the only way for her to ease her through life was to give her affection in ways that she didn't trust anyone else to do, them Ally would do it.

She loved Lauren with all of her heart, but neither of them was in love with the other. The green eyed teen pulled away first and sat up to wrap her arms around Ally's waist and pull her down to lay on the bed with her. Ally's tan skin looked pale in the dark room, and her wide brown eyes seemed all the more innocent.

"What's wrong, Lolo?" The brown eyed girl asked with her adorably soothing voice. Lauren smiled a little at the pet name and pulled Ally closer to her body so that their noses were a breath away.

"I have to tell you something." Lauren whispered in the suddenly loud silence washing over the room. Brown doe eyes blinked at her and a neatly trimmed eyebrow rose in curiosity.

"Okay." Ally said when Lauren said nothing further. The smaller girl began to massage the small of Lauren's back while she had her arms wrapped around said girl's body.
Lauren nuzzled her head to rest against the crook of her best friend's neck and she sighed once more, that time in pleasure.

"Camila called."

The hands kneading her back paused briefly before they resumed their pattern up and down the tense, pale back. Ally chewed on the inside of her cheek in thought, considering that the news could be bad or good depending on how Lauren was feeling about it.

Now it seemed like the bad kind of news, so she leaned down and placed a lingering kiss on Lauren's neck to calm her down.

The blonde could feel Lauren's heart pounding against her body. Ally shushed her gently and continued to massage her back.