nine

The only thing about Hollywood Arts that ever changed was the locker decorations and the students. By the time that Lauren actually attended HA, she was pretty famous for the play that was declared legendary, which she wrote at the age of eight. Everyone knew who she was and worshipped the ground she walked on, even more so when she became the most terrifying student to walk the halls.

There was something about Lauren that made everyone love her despite her hatred for everyone else. That being said, she wasn't surprised when Brad stopped her at her locker with his charming smile and appraising gaze.

"Damn, Lauren. You get sexier and sexier every time I see you." he smirked and Lauren rolled her eyes with a light smile.

"Get out of my face, Payne." Lauren wasn't surprised that Liam's little brother went to the same school as her. He was older by a year, but they were in the same grade. They would be graduating, but that wasn't for another nine months, considering school had just started a couple of weeks ago. They had become close friends when they first arrived at Hollywood Arts, and they even attempted dating for a few months, but because of Lauren's ridiculously possessive attitude, they decided to stay friends.

Little did Lauren know, he was very much in love with her. Were she to find out, she wouldn't be surprised because she's had a crazy amount of people, guys and girls, declare their love for her very publicly. She turned them all down.

"That line never gets old, wouldn't you agree?" Brad flashed his white smile and pushed his dirty-blonde hair back from his face. Green eyes looked on in amusement as she shut her locker and continued to first period ten minutes before the bell rung. Brad followed behind because they shared that class, but he also followed just to be close to her. There were several routes to each class throughout the school and many of them weren't found unless one had attended the school for a long time or unless they were just very adventurous.

Lauren had found one in the janitors closet while she was running away from the vice principle. It apparently was not acceptable to smuggle tacos into detention and her as well as her friends all split up and dashed through the hall when they were spotted. Lauren had found herself in the janitor's closet and she'd locked the door behind her. When she turned around, there was a rusty ladder that led back into the library where detention was located.

She and Ally had found another one in the girl's bathroom, fourth stall to the right. There was a mini door beside the toilet that led to stairs going down to the art room. They weren't in the same stall together, but Ally had discovered the odd passage way and pulled Lauren right with her as she followed the steps down into the room that had a permanent smell of paint and pastels.

When Lauren made it to her first period class, Brad on her heels and undoubtedly staring at her ass, everyone looked up at her because Mr. Cowell had been speaking of her before she arrived.

"Ah, Lauren. Glad you could join us." the sarcasm in his voice would be unrecognizable were you not familiar with him in such a way.

"I've heard news that Miss Cabello is back, how is she? How I love to check up on previous students." his smile takes on a reminiscent quality. Lauren's calm expression falls into one of irritation and anger. It was bad enough that she had to think about the fact the girl she was in love with lived down the street again at home, but now at school too? Lauren's fists clenched at her sides and she stiffly walked to take her seat beside a random boy named Carter.

Carter's eyes were trained on her just as well as the rest of the class. Camila wasn't nearly as famous in school as Lauren was, but to anyone who was involved enough and knew all the school's secrets, Camila Cabello was common knowledge. After a tense silence and no reply from the raven haired teen, Cowell cleared his throat and untucked his shirt from his pants before he stepped down from the slightly raised stage and began to energetically pace he classroom.