What?

First published July 22nd 2016

Noah's PoV
"What's my fault?"
I ask puzzled. I'm genuinely confused! I only came in here because I left my pair of lucky socks in my cubby and Eldon wants to have a pirouette competition before he leaves. It's quite a confusing site to walk into you know. All the girls crowding around Giselle on the bench while Kate and Richelle are in an intense conversation in the middle of the studio. Richelle..we haven't really spoken since the...accident. Actually why am I calling it an accident? We were both sober. We both knew what we were doing. So let's call it an...acquaintance. Yeah that's better!
"Noah?..."
Asks Richelle surprised. She gulps before licking her lips.
"What...what are you doing here?"
She asks nervously. Okay! This is weird. Richelle's acting unusual and the rest won't stop staring at me.
"I...I just came to get my lucky socks"
I say slowly holding up my pair of black socks with green clovers littered on them. Yes! I know! But don't judge! They're the best socks I've ever had. Richelle slowly nods her head before saying
"Oh...okay.."
This is so weird! I think it would be best if I just left now.
"Well I'm just going to leave.."
I say pointing towards the door. I start to turn my body around but I stop suddenly when I hear my name being called.
"WAIT NOAH! STOP!"
I quickly slip back around to face them. I am quick to notice that it was in fact Giselle who called out my name, as she is now on her feet and pointing towards me. She cowered underneath everyone gazes. However she ignored them as she walked over to Richelle, talking a hold of her upper arm and dragging her over to me. What is she doing?!
Ouch! That's what! Ugh although Richelle may be light when she is flung towards you at a great rate and you have no power to stop her as she elbows you harshly in the ribs, it can hurt you quite a bit. I gently place my hands on Richelle's hips to steady her a little.
"You and Richelle should talk! You know...like right now! We will leave you alone. Come on girls! Tell him Richelle!"
Tell me what? And with that, she raced out of the studio with the other girls and Miss Kate following unwillingly behind her. Soon it was just me and Richelle and the quietness.
Well this is awkward! Richelle hadn't moved from her position on my chest. Her arms were still wrapped around my neck and mine were still on her waist. This is actually...dare I say it...nice. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Richelle breaks it. She breaks away from our hug, stepping out of my arms.
"Noah..."
She looked down at the ground, rubbing her arm ever so lightly. I nod my head.
"Yeah"
She looks up from the ground to stare into my eyes.
"I need...I need to tell you something..."
Is this what Giselle had been talking about before she left? Is this what they had been talking about before I came in? I look down at Richelle. She is staring deeply into my eyes, water is pooling in the corners. Is she going to cry? Oh please don't cry! I hate seeing people upset. I quickly pull a hand out and stroke down her arm in comfort. She looks down at my touch and I hesitate a little. Maybe I should stop...
   I was about to draw my hand away when suddenly she gripped onto my hand and kept it in position.  She looks slowly up into my eyes before giving me a watery smile
"Do you remember...th-the a troupe auditions. More specifically...after the auditions..."
She says quietly. I can see her cheeks start to ting wth red. I can now feel my mine start to heat up. Of course I remember.
"Noah.."
She starts, however she stops short to look down at the floor. I can tell she is starting to cry. Oh Ritchie! Tell me what's wrong? I rub her shoulder a little for comfort and watch as she calms down. She sniffles before slowly looking up at my hand on her shoulder. The hand that she had resting on my hand beforehand gripped on tighter. I watched confused as she lifted my hand away from her shoulder before dragging it down her arm, past her waist until finally it resting on her stomach. Huh. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why had she done that? She turned to look at me. She saw my confused gaze and so slowly she said
"...baby.."
It was so quiet. I barely heard it, but still I did. Then it clicked in my head. The hand on her belly. Her small mutter of 'baby'. She was...oh god...she was pregnant! I felt my eyes widen in shock. I hesitantly stared down at my hand on her belly. Oh god! Oh god! There is a baby in there. A tiny Richelle! And by the fact she told me, I'm guessing a little Noah too! Shit! I'm going to be a dad. I'm only seventeen. How am I supposed to be a dad? I can barely make toast and now I'm going to be responsible for a little human. This is impossible.
"Noah? Say something...please!"
Richelle pleaded with me. She let out a little hiccup and allowed more tears to fall. I dragged my eyes up from her stomach to look at her. Her eyes were wide and glassy. She almost looked...scared? Oh of course she is scared! She is the one who is carrying the baby. She is the one who will have to go through labour. She is the one who is about to be...a mother. Oh god! She is sixteen and about to become a mother! I need to help her. I quickly grab her into a hug, pushing her head against my chest. I feel her tears soak into my shirt as she cried hysterically. How did this happen? Ugh. Why am I even asking myself that question? It's obvious how it happened!
"Hey Noah! You in here?.."
I quickly lifted my head, looking for who had called my name. Then I saw him, standing in the entrance of the studio. Henry. He observed the situation with wide eyes before gulping.
"I..ill just leave..."
I wanted to thank him for having the decency to not ask questions, but before I knew it he was racing out the door. So we stood once more me and Richelle, hugging-gripping tightly to each other. I did not want to pull away because I knew I would have to face up to the facts.
This is real!
This is actually happening!
We are going to be parents!

Enjoys guys 💕