2. the sandlot

Ashley's pov

Ashley's pov

I woke up. Got dressed into a plain shirt, denim shorts and black converse. I threw my hair up in a ponytail so it wouldn't get in the way while i played. Then proceeded to grab my glove and run downstairs to see the whole living room decorated already.

Decorative pillows, family pictures, candles, flowers. My mom went all out. It was as if we lived in this house for decades. It felt like home already.

I walked into the kitchen to see that it had been nicely put together as well.

My mom was cooking breakfast and my little sister Chloe was eating pancakes at the table. I sat on the counter right by mom.

"Good morning, Ash." My mom greeted as she handed me a piece of bacon.

"Morning Ashy!" Chloe smiled at me with syrup all over her face.

"Where are you headed so early?" My mom questioned with a smile.

"Benny invited me to go play baseball with him and his friends."

My mom said nothing. She just continued smiling to herself.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Do you like this Benny kid?" She smirked as she nudged me playfully.

I blushed. I didn't even know what to say.

Then we heard a knock at the door. Thank the lord Benny has showed up. I ran to the door and opened it to reveal Benny.

"Hey." He looked up from his shoes and flashed me a smile.

"Hey." I responded back as i stepped out the house with my mitt in hand.

"Bye mom!" I shouted before slamming the door and running with Benny. I had no idea where we were headed but i was excited.

I ended up following him to the Sandlot he told me about yesterday during our conversation outside.

"Benny?" I bit my lip nervously.

"Yeah?" He glanced over at me.

"Are they nice? Your friends?" I questioned as we walked closer to where a group of boys were.

"They can be jerks at first but after they get to know you they are actually pretty cool guys." Benny said in a reassuring tone. "They are very particular in who is a part of the group."