Chapter 3

*the next day*

Hinata was talking to Kiba and Shino as Naruto passed by, thinking 'She must think I'm an idiot. I'll wait for her to be alone and apologize.' Hinata noticed Naruto and looked away. "Ah, Kiba-kun, Shino-kun, I'm going to train now, ja ne!" she made up and went away.

Kiba sent Shino a curious look. "I wonder what happened to her?"

Shino nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

Naruto sighed, looking down. 'She must've noticed me..' He went to Ichiraku instead since he's hungry. "One ramen please," he ordered with a sad look on his face.

Teuchi (ramen shop owner) gave Naruto the ramen and noticed him being down. "Here, Naruto. You seem down, what is it?" he asked.

Naruto ate some ramen and started explaining. Teuchi sighed. "I see..no wonder...Well, here's some more ramen since you're so sad!" he said with a laugh and gave him more. That's how close they are.

Naruto smiled a bit, for the first time during the day. "Sankyuu ne.." he said as he ate the ramen.

"I knew you'd like that!" Teuchi said as he walked away to tend to other customers.

Naruto finished after a while and paid the bill. "It's delicious," he complimented as always and walked away.

Hinata was in the training grounds, training. 'Why was Naruto-kun there?' she thought, spacing out from time to time.

Naruto, meanwhile, was at the entrance of the training grounds. 'I wonder if she's here? She said she'll train...or was it just an excuse to ignore me,' he thought as she began shouting. "Hinata! Hinata! Are you here? dattebayo~"

Hinata heard Naruto and quickly hid behind a tree, concealing her chakra for the moment.

Naruto entered the training grounds and went out sadly. 'She's not here, darn it...' he cursed.

Hinata wondered why he was looking for her as Kiba and Shino entered the training grounds. "Finally Hinata! We caught up to you!" he exclaimed while riding Akamaru.

"Why didn't you invite us to train with you?" Shino asked.

Hinata gasped quietly. "Ah," she was a lost for words. She didn't want to worry them, so she lied. "I just forgot, you don't need to be worried about it," she said as she sweatdropped.

Kiba, being the idiot he is, just said, "Oh okay!" as the four of them started training.