The princess and the frog

Okaay well I know you said we weren’t allowed to recycle stuff we’ve already published on wattpad but my computers been broke for several days and so I haven’t had time to write anything! To be fair this was for another competition and the person running the competition didn’t even bother to read it so technically it hasn’t been used already haahah! Also coz I’m handing it in late I don’t even know, I might be disqualified anyway! Hmm well here it is anyway it’s really crappy but I suck at fantasy and I added a unicorn at the end hahaha but it just seems sooo random and doesn’t fit co I’d already written it without the unicorn so I had to add it in completely out of the blue but yeahh here you go hahaah

Thank you for checking it out ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside it was a cold night but it was a magical moon lit sky and the stars shone brightly. Inside the palace the blazing fire heated the drawing room and the crystal chandelier hung down from the ceiling. The room was filled with family, friends and other important people who were gathered here for the King and Queens Christmas eve dinner.

The butler entered the drawing room. "If you would all please follow me into the dining room, the king is now ready for you" the butler announced. Everyone bustled out of the room and followed the butler along the narrow corridor. They entered a room with a long table, neatly laid that was the length of the room. The table was laid with the kings best china, everyone was assigned to a seat and their name was written on a piece of card in gold.

As everyone took their places King Edward, Queen Marietta and their daughter princess Lalita entered the dining room. They shook hands and greeted everyone before they too took their places. The room was filled with excitement as everyone chatted away happily to one another.

"Silence" the King said raising his voice as he stood up. The noise dyed down and the room fell silent. The King was stood at one end of the table. "Welcome friends and family. Welcome lords, dukes. barrons, welcome everyone! I invite you today to join us on Christmas eve, the day before the birth of Christ to help us celebrate Christmas together and to remember the real meaning of Christmas. I also have a special announcement to make. My daughter princess Lalita is engaged to Sir Fredrique Donohue who is sitting just opposite my daughter. May we all now please raise our glasses to the happy couple" everyone raised their wine glasses. "To princess Lalita and Sir Fredrique Donohue" the king announced. "To princess Lalita and Sir Fredrique Donohue" everyone repeated. "Now I present you with a five course meal. To all I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Thank you please begin" the king concluded.

Princess Lalita looked up at Sir Fredrique Donohue. The couple smiled at each other.

"Ahh Lalita there you are. Where did your father find this handsome young man?" Lady Jane Edmonds asked.

"Actually, I found him" Lalita replied.

"You what? Excuse me If you will I just have to go and speak to....I Just have to go find...Yes bye" Lady Jane Edmonds said who was clearly horrified.

Fathers must pick their daughters husbands. Anyone who's father didn't pick their husband isn't treated well. In Lalita's case Lalita's father picked Sir Fredrique Donohue for her but Lalita had already been meeting him secretly when the king was trying to find a husband for his daughter. When the king picked Sir Fredrique Donohue out for Princess Lalita he didn't believe that they were already inlove. Lalita went around telling people that she had fallen inlove with Fredrique however her father did not approve and soon corrected her.

Lalita was a stubborn princess. She disobeyed her father and didn't follow his rules. She was a brunette with green eyes. Her long hair was wavy and she often wore it lose with a tiara on her head. She wore a long sleeved purple dress that puffed out and fell down to her ankles. Her silver shoes glistened.