Cinco

Leonard made it most of the day without much happening. He treated a few sick people, some boys from engineering that were horsing around, and some other little things. The day was perfectly normal, and he appreciated it. That is, until Christine (awkwardly) told him that he was needed in one of the surgery rooms.

He feared the worst, but when he walked into the room Christine, he saw that it was a woman he did not know. A woman, and... oh god, not again.

"Doctor, I can explain-" The woman tried, but Leonard shook his head.

"No explanation necessary." Leonard tried to offer a smile, but he felt kind of awkward in that situation. "Let's just get it out, shall we? Strip off your pants and lower undergarments, and I'll join you again in a couple of minutes." The woman nodded, so Leonard left her. Christine stifled her smile until they got outside.

"God, that's embarrassing, poor girl." She said as she joined him in going to a cabinet. Leonard grabbed the elongated pliers.

"Yeah, not the first time I've had to get a vibrator out of someone, though." Leonard sighed, going back to the room. They waited a bit before he knocked on the door and walked in. The girl was lying on the biobed, half naked, covering her eyes with her arm. Leonard could see her blushing. Poor girl. "Don't worry, now. Believe it or not, I've done this a few times. For patients, I mean. Not myself." He added, and the girl laughed.

"You'll feel mild discomfort," Christine explained as Leonard put on his gloves and sanitized the tool. "But Dr. McCoy will make this as painless as possible. Don't worry, Miss Lena." Ah, so that was her name. He was wondering when Christine was going to tell him. He sat on a stool in front of Lena and used the tool to retrieve the vibrator. It was a simple process, and was finished in seconds. The vibrator was put into a bag, which Christine gave to the girl. She promptly turned it off, clearly embarrassed.

"I'll keep this off the record," Leonard said, throwing his gloves in the trash, and Lena looked relieved. "Just make sure it doesn't happen again." He ordered, and she nodded.

"Of course. Thank you, Doctor." She said, sitting up. Leonard nodded to her, and walked out of the room. Christine stayed, no doubt to make sure she was okay. Why girls always felt more comfortable around other girls when it came to medical issues, Leonard was lost. They all had enough extensive training to not give a damn if they were treating a man, woman, or anything in between.

Leonard sighed and looked at his watch. Just a few minutes until he was off, thank goodness for him. He went back to his office and finished up his "paperwork" (like anything was done on actual paper these days), keeping his promise to not include anything anywhere about Lena's incident. Then when he was done with that, he walked off to go eat dinner.

Dinner was (thankfully) normal, except for Jim whispering incessantly to Spock. It was annoying Leonard like emotion would annoy a Vulcan. To test out the bond, Leonard thought about how he strongly desired to punch Jim square in the jaw. Suddenly Spock looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. Leonard smirked at his soup. This could be fun if he really made it fun. He left it alone, though, and finished up his meal.

When he got up to leave, Jim jumped up too. "I'll accompany you." He said, and they walked out together. "So, how's my baby?" Leonard stopped in his tracks, shocked.

"Baby?! Is there something else you people ain't tellin' me about?!" He exclaimed, and Jim laughed.

"No, the BOND, Bones." Jim said, and they continued walking.

"Why in the hell're you callin' the bond your goddamn baby? This has nothing to do with you." Leonard said, and Jim had the audacity to look hurt.

"Just answer the question!" He groaned. Leonard sighed in thought.