Chapter 37- Attack Of The Eyes

Genevieve's POV

"Did you ever tell him the truth?" I asked Peter.

"No, I couldn't. I thought maybe when he's older, maybe when he has kids of his own. But I couldn't ruin his memories for him..." He bowed his head in response.

Zac looked between the two of us slightly confused.

"What's she talking about dad?" He asked but we both continued to ignore him for a little longer.

"Well here's another piece of news you probably need to know. I'm pregnant." I spoke up and Peter's face began to light up.

"Really?" He gleed.

"Yes, Evie I was going to tell him that..." Zac frowned at me.

"Peter, do you think you should tell him?" I asked politely, trying not to use too much of my moonstone persuasion.

"Okay." He replied.

"Zac, what do you remember about your sister's death?" He smiled the fact that he's being noticed again.

The smile soon left him as he laid back on the couch and thought about Annabelle.

"I remember she died in her sleep." He said before looking at his father but questioning me. "Why?"

"Zac, you sister didn't exactly die in her sleep. Do you remember the day before I told you she passed?" Peter replied.

"Yeah I do, how could I forget? It was the last time I saw her alive..." He commented. "She was fragile in my arms and I could feel how weak her body was as I hugged her in her bed. I was... Humming a song to her so she'd fall asleep quicker and rest so she could get better."

"Zac... Annie didn't die in her sleep that night," Peter paused. "She died in your arms to you singing."

I watched Zac's face as the last memory of his sister alive was actually of her dying in his arms. The terror and anger that filled his eyes which was mixed with the sad anguish still in his heart.
I felt his body repulse from the atmosphere, he wanted to run. I knew it.

I reached forward to take his hand in mine and offer him some comfort to help him come to terms with this truth, but he stood up and left for the door.

Before Peter and I had a chance to do anything to make him continue to stay, he was gone.

Zac's POV

Tears streamed down my face as I ran out to the woods. I didn't care the fact we practically had a rebel war going on or that I just left my newly pregnant moonstone mate by herself. I just didn't care I just had to get away from it all... Being the new Beta at such a young age and having such a special mate who is pregnant with my child AND the war. I was stressed and all over the shop anyway, and now with Annie...

My body shook with the sobs I couldn't hold back for any longer. I crashed to the ground Percy was sobbing with me on the inside.

"Zac." The voice was very far away.

My thoughts were racing as I pulled myself to rest against a tree.

"Zac!" The voice was still far away but closer.

Everything was blurry around me.

'Zac...' Her small frail voice echoed from my memories. It rebounded around me, sucking me into a trans.

A mirrored rainbow surface began to form around me, well maybe that was over my eyes. My limbs were numb and I couldn't move, I couldn't reply to her beckoning voice.