Crazy

I woke up to the pitter patter of rain hitting my window, and the scent of bacon sizzling on the burner. Today's the first day of school and got to be honest I'm not looking forward to it. I heard my moms muffled voice through my door, she sounds angry. I hear this all the time now, Phone calls leading to yelling and crying. I don't know what's going on but I'm starting to worry. I trudge over to my dresser to pick out an outfit. I pick my usual, ripped jeans and a white tee-shirt with a flannel overtop. I put my hair into a messy bun and brush my teeth. By then, breakfast's ready. I walk down the stairs tripping over my feet on each step. My mom called me into the kitchen, I tuck my chair closer to the table and I slowly eat my eggs and bacon. But I know that something's up. "mom is there something you need to tell me" she starts to tear up. "I got myself into some trouble, Katy". Really, like what? I ask nervously. I owe someone some money. I start to tear up. What kind of money? I ask feeling queazy now. Lots my mom replies. Katy, your not gonna go to school today ok. Mom what's going on? I feel my body getting warmer while a tear rolls down my cheek. someone knocks on the door. Katy, I'm gonna have to get you to hide under your bed and no matter what don't come out. promise? yes, I promise. I love you Katy. I love you too, mom. I run upstairs and slide under my bed. I here yelling. I can hear crying now. "get the hell out of here!" "you can't just barge into my house like this!" I hear my mom yell. A gunshot rings out. I hear our front door slam. I know what's happening but I don't want to believe it. I promised I wouldn't come out but should I now? I slide out from under my bed and I run downstairs but my mom isn't lying on the floor, my dad is. I felt my body getting warmer while I started pacing around the room. Why would mom just leave and why did she owe my dad money. I knew my parents fought but I thought that stopped when he left us. I called 911 and rushed out the door.