Hit List

Setting my binder down on the desk I put my bag on the chair next to mine. I had to save a spot for my friend. She was always came in one minute before the bell rang, with him. Oh my did that boy make my heart beat. He was different. Now I know what you’re saying, it’s just a boy. Just like all the others. Oh no, this boy has ice blue eyes and short blond hair. Tall and somewhat fit. My dream, every time I see him I pause for a moment and just smile. The thing is I haven’t even spoken to him. Not once, but in my second period class (Painting) we always seem to look at each other. When we meet eyes I can’t help but let my mind wonder. Let my heart skip a beat. Let myself dream.

                I looked up to see Ali, her perfect hair, just the right length, down to her ribs, blond and brown and strait. She is a cheerleader and very fit, she’s tall and pretty and always has a guy in her arms. Maybe more than one at a time, but always one. Yester day she liked a guy named Phoenix (Cool name right?) Well today she walked in with my boy. I froze and watched her walk over to me. She smiled and I smiled back as best as I could, the boy following close behind sat behind us. So his back was facing us, but being in high school he turned it around and faced us. I watched as he talked to Ali, how his perfect lips moved and how his ice blue eyes searcher for something more.

                “Meg?” I froze and looked over to Ali and she raised an eye brow. “Uh, can you turn this in, I forgot to when I walked in.” She handed me a paper and I nodded my head, I couldn’t say no. That’s who I was, I was pushed around and I know it. I grabbed her paper and stood up.

                “Oh hey wait Meg; can you turn mine in to?” I froze and turned around; I nodded my head towards him and grabbed his paper. I turned around and walked to the front of the room and turned them in. I turned around and sighed as Ali and him where laughing, he looked over for a split second but I looked away and smiled at some random person. To be truthful the guy I smiled at was kind of cute. He froze for a second and smiled a small smile back. I nodded my head and returned to my seat.

                “Who’s that?” Ali asked.

                “Huh?” I asked. “Oh, I don’t know?”

                “How do you not know?” She frowned.

                “I just don’t.” I glared back at her.

                “Ryan! Turn around and do your work.” I looked up to the teacher and back at my boy, or well not my boy, but my dream boy. He nodded his head and turned around to do his work. “Wait no, come up here I need to talk to you.” Ryan got up and walked towards the teacher.

                “I told him I liked him last night.” Ali told me.

                “Who Phoenix?” I asked.

                “What no! Ryan silly.” I froze and looked at her. She frowned and looked at her lap. “I know you think he is cute and that you wanted a chance with him, but I mean he is head over heels for me.”

                “And you thought why not? Might as well take a sip at that juice box?” I shook my head at her. “Nice to know my friends think about my feelings and not just their own. You should know with my history to at least try not to flirt with the guy’s I like.”

                “Are you mad?” She asked.

                “What me mad? No your crazy.” I turned in my seat away from her to do my work as I noticed Ryan sat back down.

                “Are you sure you’re not mad?” She asked. I turned to her and realized Ryan was watching me waiting to hear what I said.