Skype

I stared at my computer screen. It was Saturday, the day Patrick Stump and I were going to Skype. He wasn't online yet. And yet again a little part of me thought that I would never see that little green spot pop up.

I had been like this all day (typical). I don't work on Saturdays, so I was trying to keep myself busy. But my mind kept coming back to Skype and Patrick Stump. I was so nervous. 

Then, to my relief the call came and for once, I pressed it almost straight away. 

I smiled as Patrick's face popped up on the screen. His hair was a bit messy but he was in a grey suit with a crimson tie.

"Hey Trick!" I beamed.

"So it's Trick now is it?"

"Believe me I've thought long and hard about this. And Trick seems to fit you."

"I need to find a nickname for you. But Paige is too short."

"We can come back to it."

"Got it. You look nice." It was true that I may have done my hair a bit. But it was Stump. I was hardly going to look like a mess around him.

"Um...thanks? You look good too."

"Really? My hair is a bit..."

"No Trick, you look fine." 

Like you always do...

"Ha ha, thanks. How's your day been?"

"Oh fine. Mostly just keeping myself occupied, waiting for you to Skype me..." I didn't mean to say that out loud! Now he's going to think I'm sad.

"My days been pretty boring too. Just music stuff...I couldn't wait for you to brighten up my day."

"Well I try."

"How are your friends?"

"They are...they're fine. Their usual selves. Dee hasn't shut up, and Mels is good too."

"That's good, that's good."

We talked again for what felt like hours, but in a good way. Eventually the conversation drifted to my dad.

"How long has he had the place?"

"About 10 years. After he got better..."

"Paige..."

"No. Don't worry, I'm not going to freak out like last time."

"Only if you're sure."

"I am. He got it when I was 16. And a year later, I was able to come back to him."

"If you don't mind me asking, what were your mom and sister's names?

"Charlotte and Mary was my mother...I miss them a lot."

"I'm sure you do."

"I have to go, it's getting kind of late. And I promised Dee I would help her plan a surprise for her boyfriend."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Definitely. See you soon Trick!"

"Same time next week?"

"Definitely!"

Hey!!!! Sorry this is so short...but there is a bigger update coming. 

Also, just a heads up, there's a bit of a time skip.