Desperate

Still Patrick's P.O.V

This is not good, this is not good!

The last week had been crazy. I tried to Skype Paige every night. But she was never online. Ever. I had found my phone down the back of my sofa after a week. I had atleast expected a text? A few missed calls?

Nothing. Well, none from Paige anyway. What had happened to the girl?

I needed to tell her I loved her. I loved her. Why hadn't she answered?

For the next seven days I kept telling myself that she was fine, that there was some reasonable explanation for all of this. That didn't work obviously.

I didn't have her friend's numbers. But Brendon had Mels. So I texted him.

I'm sorry Patrick, but Mels told me what you did. Not cool.

What? I had no clue what he was on about. I texted him back, but I got no reply. Something was very, very wrong.

Another week passed. And nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was driving me crazy. I couldn't take it. I got on the first flight I could get. I knew the address for her apartment and her friend Sarah's.

I knocked and waited outside for an hour. She didn't come to the door and explain why she had been ignoring me for three weeks. I didn't get to tell her I loved her. I didn't get to wrap my arms around her and lift her up, movie style and live happily ever after.

Instead a kid of about ten came up to me and told me the girls in the apartments had left about two weeks ago.

Where did they go?

I went to her fathers house next. I remembered where it was. I knocked and for once, someone answered. Her father wasn't much taller than me. But as soon as he recognised me, his face screamed bloody murder.

He looked like he was about to punch me in the face, but he then he seemed to compose himself and instead he slammed the door in my face. Then I heard the door lock.

"Holy Smokes..." I whispered.

"Sir...Mr Bradbury, please! I don't know what's happened! Where is Paige?" I shouted. I wasn't about to give up, not after everything. I needed answers.

"Oh you know. How dare you treat my daughter like that," good, he was still on the other side of the door.

"But Mr Bradbury, I don't know what I did. I would never hurt your daughter. Ever."

"You used her. I thought you were good for her, what you did for her that night, I thought you were good. I was wrong, she was wrong."

"Used her?" I had no idea what he was on about.

"Check your out going calls. 3 weeks ago, Sunday. Around one o clock."

"But I never called her that day. I was with my band." I took out my phone and scrolled down. There was a call that happened at 13:30 to 13:36. But I didn't call her. I think I was talking to Pete about Taylor. Unless...I accidentally called her and she heard some of it. But all the wrong places.

She thought I was talking about her, that I felt sorry for her. Not Taylor. Everything was adding up.

I banged on the door again.

"Please, this is a mistake. She heard wrong. I would never say anything like that about Paige. I love her."

I heard the door unlock.

"Finally."

But instead I was met with a very tall, muscly guy who grabbed my wrist and dragged me away from the house.

"Sorry dude, but Jason doesn't believe you."

This was not good. I was about to try and get away and run back to the house.

"However I do. I know love when I see it...or hear it. Paige and her friends they left 2 weeks for for the lights."

"The lights?"

"They started a band a couple of months ago. They finally decided to follow their dreams, since you crushed hers, 2 weeks ago." A band? Paige hadn't told me they had started a band?

The guy scratched the back of his head. "I don't know the name. Or where they are now. L.A or New York or something."

"Um thanks..." I walked away in defeat.

"Nice fedora," he called after me. I mumbled a thanks. I had to face facts. I was never going to see Paige again. And it was the worst feeling ever.

Hey. Poor Patrick! He does have nice fedoras though. I'm hoping to do a few more chapters.

As always, I hoped you liked it. Xx