Tenth

Before the car even stopped, we were already opening the doors. We could hear the music blaring from the parking lot so we knew we were finally at the right place. I took a deep breath as we ran into the building and followed the sound of music and screams. We pushed through a set of large doors and were taken aback by the sight of three dozen zombies attacking five dozen people. Ben whistled loudly to catch the zombies attention and the people's.
"Alright, scouts. Let's kick some zombie ass."
Ben pulled the cord on his yard trimmer, Augie hit the power button on his doorknob shooter, Carter pulled the clip on his nail shooter, and I swung my bat to my shoulder as if I was going to hit a ball.
Zombies started to advance towards us as we walked down the stairs. I took my first swing at a woman zombie with half her hair ripped out. One of the nails in my bat drove straight through her forehead and was oddly pleasing to watch. I tried different techniques to kill them; a swipe to the back of the leg to get them on the ground, then a blow to the head, or, a kick to the ground and a straight jab to the head.
When I could, I would look over at the boys to see how they were managing their selves. All was well until I saw Ben struggling with a zombie. He had dropped his weapon and was now using all his strength to keep it off him.

"Carter!" I shouted as I took another blow to a zombies head. Carter was staring at me until I nodded my head towards Ben. Carter looked over and aimed his gun. Before I saw anymore, I was being pushed to the ground by a zombie. I was yelling profanities as I struggled with it. I used my left hand to push it's throat up to keep its mouth away from me, and used my right hand to reach for my bat. I finally gripped it when my left hand started to ware out. I slammed the bat down into the back of the zombies head. It fell totally lifeless onto me and I felt liquids start to pour on the side of my face. I pushed it off and pulled my bat out of its head. With a quick wipe of my face, I ran to where the boys were gathered with a girl who I quickly guessed to be Kendall.

"Rachel!" Carter yelled with relief as I approached him.

"I'm okay! Let's get everyone out!"

"Everybody get to the stairs! Come on!" Carter tried to gather everyone together, I started killing zombies that tried to follow. Augie, Carter, and I stood at the top of the stairs as Ben escorted everyone out the doors. More and more zombies started to rise from the people who were killed.

"I'm out!" Augie shouted as I kept killing.

"Shit, there's too many of them! Rachel forget it!" Carter pulled on my shirt to get me to follow him. We ran to Ben who lead us up a flight of stairs and into a big empty room and jammed the door shut with my baseball bat.

"Where's the door?" We all looked around, breathing heavily.

"There's gotta be another exit!"

"I don't see one!"

"We're trapped!"

We all panicked as the banging on the door we came in from got louder and more forceful. Augie took Ben's backpack from him and pulled out a contraption made from bottles of gasoline.

"What is that?" Ben asked him.

"It's a bomb." Augie told us as if it was nothing.

"You made a bomb?" Ben asked to clarify.

"What are you? The Taliban?" Carter threw his hands up.

"Either we die fast, or we're eaten alive and turned into one of those things! Your choice. Carter, give me your lighter."

Carter fumbled in his pocket and handed his lighter to Augie. I shut my eyes as he crouched down as Augie put the lighter to the cord.
"Are you guys ready?" My eyes opened again when he spoke.