"The Zodiac Killer could play better than Bach himself."

Chapter 5

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

My foggy brain fought against reality. I hadn't slept a wink and there wasn't a single coherent thought crossing my mind.

"Why the hell are you up at four in the morning? Are you even human?" A groggy voice murmurs from beside me.

I jumped out of bed and in my heist to get up I ended up landing on my butt. I groaned in pain and I felt my face flush in embarrassment. Flashes of last night flew through my mind as I struggled to get my thoughts together.

Lucas Avery had yet again threatened my life. To make matters worse he had slept with me. And not in a fun 'we slept together' kind of way.  Not that I'd ever think of Lucas and I in that way at all or anything...

I felt like an ice cold bucket of water was dropped on me when I realized what Lucas was becoming.

He was truly becoming a fixture in my life. One I could happily do without.

I couldn't let this become a normal thing. He had to butt out of my life. Now. Before he'd break me in two. And again not in the fun break me in two kind of way. In that soul crushing defeated kind of way.

"Get out. I let you sleep here. Now get the hell out!" I said my voice breaking just slightly.

Lucas just sat up in my bed. He looked beautiful. I hated it. His brown eyes were glowing a wolffish gold his bed head perfectly messy. I could feel my face heat up as he looked into my eyes with his bedroom ones. "Now darling that's no way to treat a friend." He groaned and stretched out. As he did do the blankets fell from his body and I gasp and covered my eyes. His top half was completely bare. His muscles flexed and as I peeked a little I noticed the scars marring his flesh. I felt like it reflected his soul, beautiful absolutely artistic but so twisted. So imperfectly perfect. But regardless holy hell was his body magnificent. I mean damn God definitely spent some extra time on him. Too bad he's crazier than Lucifer himself.

He smirked at my reaction but otherwise ignored my childish response. I was grateful for it because I would not be able to live down the fact he actually affected me.

But in my defense I'm just a mere girl. And he is sex on legs. "But I guess you're right. I should get home."

He walked to the window and looked out below. He studied the scenery for a moment before looking back at me. I blushed a little as I realized again I was obsessively staring at him.

I was again surprised he hadn't made a snarky remark. It was not like him at all.

He looked... Off. And not the normal 'I'm Lucas and a crazy psycho felon.' He looked concerned. "Lucas, are you okay?"

He looked surprised that I asked him. I was kind of surprised too.

"I'm good Candice."

"Okay."

Ten minutes later I was alone. I was surprised at how anticlimactic the whole scene had been. After lasts night excitement I almost expected...more. But the morning was calm. As I looked around my room nothing was out of place. Not a thing looked out of the ordinary.

It almost felt like Lucas Avery had never entered my room. Until I noticed a singular thing that just wasn't right.

Under the bed was something that shined in the growing sun light. As I crouched down to inspect it I stop half way.