Intruders Always Bring Bad News

Alicia Vivian Graymark

I woke up the next day feeling strangely refreshed.

As soon as I entered my room yesterday, Magnus had told me to go to sleep so that I was well-rested because he was going to take me shopping the next day. Next day being today. I was quite excited. I haven't been shopping in ages and it was one of my favourite pass times before I was reintroduced into the shadow world.

I quickly showered and got dressed into a casual dress, wedges and a leather jacket. I may be retiring as a shadowhunter for a while but I'm still wearing the leather jacket as remembrance - and a place to keep my seraph blade. I grabbed my stele and jewellery and left to find Magnus.

 I grabbed my stele and jewellery and left to find Magnus

I didn't take long to find him. Magnus was lying on the couch, upside down with his head hanging off the seat.

When I entered, he jumped up and started making us breakfast, if you're alive for three hundred years, I'm sure you'd learn to cook. It was quite delicious, but I'm pretty sure that may have been because he used magic. But I didn't say anything, he took me in, I'd give him this moment.

"Something happened yesterday." I told Magnus as I dug into my food. "Yeah, I know. You found the Mortal Cup. Congratulations!" he said with an eye roll.

"Not that. It actually happened twice... I don't know what happened but..."

"Alicia, be a dear a get to the point."

"Why are you calling me Alicia?"

"It's your name, isn't it? If you want to be the real you, you need to use your real name. The name your parents gave you... now what was it you needed?"

"Yesterday... err...I was in the police station and I fell asleep." I put my hand up to stop him from talking, "When I woke up, I was beside Simon in his room and apparently I was 'transparent' but I could still touch him. It happened again when I was coming through the portal. I appeared beside Simon and the worst thing happened..."

"What? What happened?" he said interested now, "Camille," he gave me a look, causing me to nod, "Yeah that Camille, lunged at him and said, 'Or at least you would've been' when Simon asked him if he was still human. I think Simon's a vampire..."

"No. He'd be a fledgling unless if he crawls his way out of the Earth... In the meanwhile, he's dead..."

"What? He's dead?" I said trembling.

"I'm sorry Alicia but you can't do anything right now."

"Can you at least give me a nickname? My full name is too formal..."

"Very well- erm... Allie. Yep, like that one, you can be Allie from now on. But for now, you have to relax and stay low. So go get ready for our trip..."

"But what was it? What happened?"

"It's called Astral Projection...