The Arrest of Isabelle Lightwood

I was stood in the Ops centre with Alec, Lydia and Raj, watching silently as they talked in front of me.

I wonder if Meliorn escaped to the Seelie Court? I hope he's okay. Did Clary and Ja- DON'T think about them. They aren't a part of your life anymore. You're here. They're there. They don't matter anymore. Now stay calm. BREATHE.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.

Ou-

"Then they put Jace in, and that can't be, you know..." Alec paused his monotone chatter as Izzy walked passed us.

Dang it! He interrupted my calming thoughts! I can feel my stress levels rising. It doesn't help that Raj is here! I can't be calm near Raj... he's weird. Plus Alec's being bossy. I don't like bossy people!

I immediately walked after Izzy, not bothering to acknowledge the other two.

What? I know it's rude and unbecoming of a princess but I was bored of Alec's report. I was there too so I didn't need to hear about this. Plus, I'm a princess - the princess apparently so I can do whatever I want. So to speak anyway...

"...Just, hold on one second." Alec murmured behind me, before he followed after me and his sister, "Where the hell have you been?" he immediately interrogated his sister as we reached her side, away from everyone else.

"Where I needed to be. Away from you and your fiancé." Izzy said angrily.

"Jace and Clary are on the run. I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth." Alec told his little sister.

" I don't need protecting. Meliorn's alive. That's all that matters." she said dismissively.

"And he's alive because of us..." I finally spoke up as Alec tried to interrupt her from beside me, "Just... Hey, just..."

"...tell me this. Is there any way that Raj could have seen anything incriminating?" Alec asked.

"I don't think so..." Izzy said in contemplation before a thought seemed to reach her, "What did you mean he's alive because of you? We saved him..." 

"After we did

"After we did..." I said.

She gave us a confused look, causing me to ask, "You don't know?" She shook her head. Why didn't Clary and Jace explain to her what Alec and I did for them? I shook my head in annoyance before explaining, "Jace and Clary were with us. We were releasing him when they came for him..." she looked even more confused, "You have no idea what I'm talking about do you?" What the hell are the two of them doing?