Peeka Boo

Hours passed and yet I couldn't bring my stupid self to leave the house, I stayed curled up on the sofa praying for me to be forgotten, wishing that I could just vanish that was when I got a knock on the door. Instinctively I shouted "Go away", bad idea. Why couldn't I have pretended that I wasn't in, maybe they would have went away unless it was Mason, my creepy stalker. For the first time today my embarrassment was over shadowed by a much stronger fear, what if he was out to get me, like you know, get me, get me. He probably knew I was home alone, what if he took advantage of that.

I jumped up from the sofa and scurried into the kitchen, grabbing the first thing in my reach I ran to the door, it was still knocking but no-one spoke. I crouched beside the door so that when I flung it open I was out of sight, then I whacked him with my weapon, a wooden spoon. He took a hit to his knee and cursed out loud "shit, what the fuck do you think your doing?" Oh this was not good I looked up but Mason was not there instead stood the hot guy from the party, the flirt. I froze and dropped my weapon to the floor.

Inside I was dying from embarrassment, but from all the experience I was getting quite good at hiding it. "Um sorry I thought you were someone else"

"I'm guessing it's someone that you don't like, it's just a wild guess." He seemed to be amused at my ambush, and I nervously laughed at his attempt of humour. "May I come in seeing as you attacked me, anyway what was it you attacked me with I have to say it hurt quite a bit?" In reply I stared down at the spoon, he smiled in response. "Great weapon choice." Um what the hell was happening here? I was still on the floor dumb founded by what had just happened and he the hot dude was at my door step asking to come in, what could I say? I couldn't exactly tell him to bugger off, after all I owed him one now.

 "Come in, i'll get you some ice for your knee." I stuttered.

"That would be great thank you, but first I think I should help you up." He reached out his hand and I was reluctant to take it but I didn't want to make an even bigger idiot of myself. Maybe Mason was right I am an idiot, I shouldn't hold him responsible for all this, but that meant I had to face that it was all my doing and I suppose blaming him wouldn't hurt, it's not like he doesn't deserve it for blooming stalking me, that's when an ingenious plan started forming in my head. I would make Mason jealous and I had the perfect guy for the job.

 "Oh thank you..."

 "It's Carson"

 "Thank you Carson" I said sweetly as he helped me up. "Now you've helped me I think I should help you, the living rooms just through there" I said gesturing. "I'll be back in a minute, i'll just go and get you some ice."

"Thank you Hayli." I ran out to the yard and into the garage to get some ice from the freezer, as I was running I caught my reflection in the window, holy moly I was a mess. I quickly put my hair back into place and rearranged my clothes until I was happy then skipped back to the living room where he was waiting for me. I handed him the ice.

"I'm so sorry about hitting you, I swear I thought it was someone else. To be honest I have no idea why you're here, it's not because of Mason is it?"

"No no, well I take it that you thought I was him. Anyway i'm here on a personal matter."

"Okay I'll allow you to explain." Truthfully I wasn't sure whether to believe him, he was being awfully nice and from experience this only meant one thing, he wanted something from me, but I was not sure what it was.

"I'm here because I wanted to thank you personally."

"For what, making an idiot of myself?"

"No, anyway you didn't make a fool of yourself. I'm here because I really admire what you did today, you know with standing up to Natasha, nobody has the guts to stand up to her so I'm glad someone finally did and I'm glad it was someone as nice as you, well other than what you just did." He laughed nervously after his admittance of liking of me.

"Really? I thought everybody likes Natasha."

"Honest I swear, not many people like her they just hang around her for her money,it's pathetic really but finally someone has stood up to her and i'm not going to forget that."

"Seriously is that why you're here,not because someone sent you to make me feel even more humiliated, because right now I feel like an idiot and i'm certainly no social hero, i'm more like socially awkward. So if you've come to mock me you can just leave."

"No, no. Where did you get that idea from?"

"Trust me after my week I can't believe anything anyone tells me. I'm sorry Carson I didn't mean to accuse you, it's just been so hard this week." I felt myself welling up, seriously in front of a hot dude that I had just met. This week was getting worse. I looked away from him to hide the fact that I was crying, but without much success.

"Hayli what's the matter? I know we've only just met but believe me when I say it's hurting me right now to see you upset, because honestly... well it doesn't matter. Come here I'll look after you." He said bringing me in close, holding me against his body. As awkward as it was I couldn't help loving the moment, I felt like I could tell him anything even though I had just met him earlier surrounded by a crowd of gorgeous girls, the chances that he wanted me was slim but I didn't care.

"Carson why are you being so nice to me?" I had to say it was a bit suspicious.

"Ah now that's a tough one." He said stifling a giggle at the end. "hmmm it's because you have a cute butt." I hit him playfully.

"No I mean seriously, why are you being so nice?" I was anxious to know the answer.

"Hayli I don't think you know how attractive and amazing you are, you weren't afraid to be yourself at the party even though you're hiding now, but you have nothing to hide from. By hiding here you're only hiding from yourself and prolonging your worry. Trust me I only met you today and i'm already intoxicated by your presence."

"Intense stuff there Carson, maybe you should take it a bit slower, you know you might put off a girl." I said teasingly.

"It's the truth and i'm not one to lie, you asked me a question so I gave you an honest answer." Awww inside I was melting, but as always I had to over analyse things, from the looks of it he's a bit of a ladies man, that is not a good trait to have in a boyfriend. Woooh boyfriend! Over analysing way too much. Too busy having a conversation in my head I forgot that Carson was looking at me with his arm still around me, the facial expressions that I was probably pulling must have been amusing for him.

"See that's why I like you."

"What, why? I didn't do anything." Confused much?

"You know you were off in your dream world or something because you were pulling the most hilarious faces." He laughed.

"So let me get this right, you like me because I make an idiot out of myslef?" I thought I was going to go down a similar route with Carson as I had with Mason, but luckily no.

"No you could never be an idiot, I meant that I like you because you're kooky and out there, that's hard to find in most people." Each second he talked I was falling harder for him, but for once I wasn't making an idiot out of myself.

Overwhelmed by the compliments and flattery I needed to change subject before I started blushing like crazy. "How's your shin?"

"It's fine thanks, being around you helps numb the pain." He was like something out of a story book, the perfect gentleman, my Prince Charming, he wasn't afraid to be all mushy which I loved. I tightened my grip around him and nestled closer, this moment would remain in my mind until the end of time.

In the middle of our embrace a thud came from outside the window bringing our embrace to a halt, whoever it was I hated for breaking up my moment. Carson rose from the chair, seeing the fear in my eyes he went over to the window and pulled back the curtain, there he was, Mason Trench, my official stalker. Carson glanced over at me I could see he was fuming, his fists clenched and his jaw tightened. "I take it that this is who you were meant to attack"

I nodded.