Chapter five

Chapter five

          When the bell finally rings I gather all of my things. A hand lands on my shoulder and I look up. Of course he would try to talk to me. I shake off his hand and walk out of the class.

          I walk to my second period which happened to be English. I loved English because I could put my writing to use. The chair beside me moves and I look up. Jeremy freaking Couber stood there with a smirk.

          I groaned and closed my eyes. He stood at 6’4” with dark hair and chocolate colored eyes that just capture you. He sits next to me, parker walks through the door and glares at Jeremy.

          I shake my head at parker telling him with my eyes not to do anything. “You have a guard dog or something?” I glare at him and his smirk grows. Mr. Taylor comes into the room and turns to us.

          “I’m sorry I wasn’t here yesterday, my wife got sick. Now I heard we have two new students. I won’t make them introduce themselves. I’m pretty sure you all know each other. Today all we are going to do is writing.”

          After I hear the words writing I perk up. I grin widely and grab my pen. “The topic with this writing assignment though is your biggest secret. Nobody will be reading these, well except for me. I frown when I hear the prompt.

          “I will give you this class period and next to complete the rough draft. You may all begin.” I raise my hand and he nods at me, “May I listen to my music?” he nods, “Class you may listen to music if it will help you.”

          I grin and put my headphones into my iPod touch and turn the music up. ‘Long shot’ by Kelly Clarkson comes on. I grab my notebook and write a list of all different things I could base a secret on.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. The text was from my brother. ‘I’ll be there when you get out of school. Come pick me up! ;)’  I quickly reply, ‘Alright see you in four hours!!’

Suddenly my right head phone was yanked out of my ear “Ouchy!” I rub my ear and glare at Jeremy who had it in his left hand. “Are you going to talk to me?” I shake my head no and hold out my hand.

He sighs and gives me my head phone, “Then just listen!” I sigh and look at him, “You’re the one who left! Why should I? You are the coward and always will be.” He glares and turns the other way and starts reading.

I smirk and put my head phone back in and relax. A paper flies and lands in front of me. ‘I may be a coward but at least I came back on a mission. Louis sent me to this school. I had no idea you’d be here.’

I grab my pen ‘We can’t talk about this in a note! We’ll meet up at lunch and figure this all out!’ I look at the clock and see that it was time to pack up. I handed the note back to Jeremy.

Third period was next and then it was lunch. From the corner of my eye he nods and rips up the note. The bell rings for third period and pack up all of my things. Parker walks over to me.

“Everything okay over here?” I nod and we walk out of English. Walking into the crowded hallways I sigh. Parker looks at me concerned “Let’s ditch, you seem like you need a break.” I nod and we walk out the doors to his beat up truck.

“Where are we going?” he grins “Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.” I look out the window and see buildings pass us. We were both silent but it wasn’t awkward. I couldn’t handle the silence so I turned on the radio.

Time of dying by three days grace comes on and I raise my eyebrow. I start singing along; I look u to see parker surprised. “You know this song?!” I nod, “Yeah I listen to all types of music but rock is my favorite.”