two - the sacred city

A battle lurched alive ahead of her - the wind sharp and the sound of sword play bitter. The smell of death and demons tainted the once pure air of Idris. The collectors of sorrow ride their bloody horses across the sky soundlessly. Overhead
eyeless, leathery-winged creatures circled, screeching and dripping a venomous green slime. Colourless faceless creatures roamed the alleys and dark mistes with piercing eyes flooded the Angel Square. Crimson liquid flowed freely.
Violetta raced through the alley only slightly missing squirts of demon venom.
A man lay in the floor - in a puddle of his own already drying blood - screaming about pain, but she swiftly passed him, it was much to late for her help.
She turned a corner making her way to the Penhallows house - she had heard that Clarissa Fairchild was staying there and Violetta owed great depts to the Fairchilds and Branwells - an enter twined family - for years. A dead end. Vio turned hastily - only to be met by a six legged spider shooting sickly yellow inchor, it's eyes red like beads of blood and a humped dark shape advancing towards her. Violet's hands sparked a deep amethyst and the demons repelled. A wound opened on the shapeless demon and it let out a cry but progressed forward - claws outstretched.
Suddenly, the demon lay cut into two peices on the stained floor before disintegrating completely - leaving only a glinting gold arrow to clatter onto the floor.
I looked upwards and a dark haired shadowhunter landed gracefully in a crouch beside her - bending to pick his arrow - he looked strangely familiar.
"Hi.", Violetta said quietly,"Thanks for saving my life - have we met before?".
The boy looked up but nobody saw the spider demon scuttling behind them until it was to late.
Violetta let out a blood curdling scream as the demon bit her viscously. The shadowhunter immediately dispatched of it but Violetta vision was already blurring, black dots forming before get eyes and an excruciatingly large pain forming in her right forearm where she had been bitten.
The last thing she saw before she was dragged into darkness were two bright blue orbs.
Will?
***
Sorry about the short chapters - I just love cliffhangers!
Is it William Herondale?