Chapter 3: Coffee Time

Magnus's POV
I can't believe I didn't... Why didn't I ask Alexander if he was gay? Like, why am I such an idiot. No, I thank god I didn't! I want to be his friend, he's funny and I like the fact he has an attitude. But good for you Magnus that you didn't ask. You didn't want to. This keeps me awake the rest of the night. What has Alexander done to me.

*BEEP*

Text: Hey Magnus. Tonight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Thank you.

It's Alec....
Magnus: I'm glad you had fun. What did I tell you when you first walked into my amazing house tonight.
Alec: You didn't have fun?
Magnus: Oh no! No! I had a lot of fun with you last night. No one usually listens to me when I talk.
Alec: I bet it's because you are a Chatty Cathy.

     I can't help but laugh to myself. I crawl into my bed and cover myself with my Egyptian linen blanket. Alexander, what are you doing to me?

Magnus: I'm not that bad. Am I?
Alec: I don't think so Magnus. :)
Magnus: Do you want to hang out again tomorrow?
Alec: It's after four in the morning. Do you mean in like a couple of hours or actually tomorrow?
Magnus: Whatever you think. ;)

     He doesn't answer immediately. "Bane what did you just do? You are being his friend, not trying to hook up with him. You don't even know if he is gay!" I tell myself. "I'm being such a girl." I sigh.

Alec: How about at around 2 today?
Magnus: Sounds perfect. I'll pick you up and we can work on Anatomy together.
Alec: We are in the same class?
Oh, that hurt a little.
Magnus: Yeah, if you weeny giving so much attitude and staring all your books and girls then you see I sit two rows behind you.
Alec: I don't look at the girls.
Magnus: I know, I know. Your face is always in a book. I should get to bed, I have to be ready for you at 2. ;)
Alec: Good night Magnus.
Magnus: Night Alexander.
***********

     I wake up late and had to rush to get ready. I need to look extra good today. I NEED to. First impressions are key. It's 12:45 and Alec will be here in about an hour. I hope in the shower for 10 minutes, come out and rap a towel around my bottom half. "Magnus, sweetie can I come in?" It's my mom. "Yeah." I tell from my walk in closet. "V-neck or button down?" I ask her. "The white v-neck, your hooded jacket with the strings, and the navy jeans." She knows me so well. "You have a date?" She asks me, leaning her head in the stereotypical mom way. "No, hanging out with a friend." I say without looking at her. I don't want her o see me flushed.

     "Ragnor? Catarina?" She pests. "No, Alec." I say, finding my white converse. "Alec? I never met him before." She says in a soothing voice. "No mom." I say, and face here. "It's not like that. He's not... he's not like me. He's not gay. He's just a guy I met last night at my party and we became good friends. That's all." I continue on. "Alright. I see. Working on school stuff?" She asks. Why is she asking so much? "Yes, Anatomy." I say. I shrug my jacket on and look in the mirror. "Makeup?" She offers.
     "I got it." I say and walk into my bathroom. "If you like him, keep it a secret until you think he should know. And if he's not gay, then still let him know. If he really wants to be your friend, that won't change anything." I smile at her as I put on my eye shadow. "Thanks mom." I nod. "Now if he isn't and you make a fool of yourself, then... Oh well." She laughs before walking out. I sigh to myself. She is always like that. I spike my hair up real fast before moving.

     I walk outside at 1:45 and hop into my BMW. I drive the 10 minutes to Alec's house and sit there. Do I text him? Do I go up and knock? As if reading my mind Alec walks outside. He's wearing all black. Black t-shirt, black jeans, black Vans, even a black sweatshirt. All of that makes his blue eyes pop. He opens the door and slides in. "Hello Alexander." I say and throw the car in reverse. "Hey Magnus. So where are we going?" He asks. "I was thinking a little café called Larulle's. We can do the Anatomy there and get a late lunch. I hope you didn't eat." I throw it into drive. "No I didn't." He says.

     I turn the radio on to add some noise into the scene. We arrive no more than 25 minutes later. We find a small booth in the back and start working on the homework. Not even 10 minutes there and Camille comes up. "Magnus, new boyfriend?" She emphasizes. Immediacy Alec's face reddens and he looks down at his work. "No Camille it's not. Why don't you take your lousy ass and go get us another person to serve us. I don't want you around me." I say, my words are full of harsh emotions and tones.

     "Sorry about her.... She's an ex of mine. One I would care I never see again mind you." I say. He just nods his head. His face is still red with embarrassment and I can't help but smile a little. "It's fine." He whispers. A male comes over, tall and all muscle. He smiles at me. He takes our order and walks away. "Well this is fun." I say but Alec still doesn't look up. "You alright?" I ask him. "Yeah. Why?"

     "You haven't even looked up from your papers and we finished about 20 minutes ago." I say, a little worried. Did Camille's comment hurt him? "I'm sorry. Camille's accusation was a little off putting for me." He finally looks at me. His hair hangs above his eyes, almost covering the blue orbs. Here's my shot. "Did offend you because it's true?" I ask, my voice full of sincerity. "No, no!" He jumps at the question. "I'm not gay." He says slowly, as if calculating his words. My heart aches. "Okay. Sorry about her though."

Our food comes. We eat, we talk like last night getting to know each other more. I take him home and this time I walk him to his door. "I'll see you on Monday at school?" I ask, my words are filled with sadness. "Yeah, I'll see you then." He says. He looks around me and puts his arms up. We exchange a hug, as I savor the embrace more than him. I smile shyly before turning back to my car.

"Magnus!" Alec calls as I swim a leg into the car. "Yes?" I ask, not moving from my position. "What I said in Laruelle, I don't know how her comment made me feel, it was weird." And that's all he says before walking into his house. "Bye, Alexander." I whisper before fully getting in my car and driving home.