Chapter four:a medicnce cats calling

Rainpaw woke up in a star filled forest."Where am I?"He whispered."In starclan"A soft voice tells him.Rainpaw feels a shiver run down his spine."Am I dead?"He whispers."No no,I'm here to give you a message"The brown tabby she cat purrs."But I'm not a medicine cat!"Rainpaw tells her."That's why I am here"The brown tabby sits down."Who are you?"Rainpaw eyes her suspiciously."Hazelfur,the first medicine cat of ashclan" Hazelfur walks around him."If you have a message for me then just spit it out"Rainpaw was getting frustrated."You need to become a medicine cat!"Hazelfur lashes her tail."What! No I'm going to become leader!"Rainpaw jumps up."Oh young Rainpaw"Hazelfur sighs."You were made to be a medicine cat but in the end.....its up to you"Hazelfur fades away."But what if I don't want to be a medicine cat!"Rainpaw whines.

"WAKE UP!"Rainpaw jots awake to the sound of Runningpaw's voice."Whaa"Rainpaw groans."You were shaking in your sleep.....it was if you had ants in your pelt!"Snowpaw comments."Come on we don't want to keep our mentors waiting"Featherpaw races out of the den."ILL BEAT YOU!"Snowpaw Yowls,her feet pelting the ground as she ran."NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!"Runningpaw pelted after her.Rainpaw walked along dazed.

Rainpaw lowered his tail down,he was about to catch a big mouse."SNAP"Rainpaw's paw and shuffled while he was trying to pounce and he snapped a stick.The mouse scattered off with a hurry."I could have got that!"Rainpaw whines.He looks at his sisters Featherpaw carrying a big rabbit and Snowpaw had two voles."ILL NEVER GET IT!"He storms back to camp.

When Rainpaw reaches camp he sees ripplepool carrying tansy back to her den but she drops it.Rainpaw walks over to her."Need help with the tansy?"He asks."Thanks but...how did you know it was tansy"Ripplepool eyed him."I don't know.."He whispered.I know what I have to do he thinks.

"Rainpaw come forward"Duststar calls him forward."Is it your wish to train as the next medicine cat of ashclan?"Duststar asks."Yes Duststar"Rainpaw sits up straight."Then I give you ripplepool as a mentor."RAINPAW RAINPAW"The clan cheered.Rainpaw looked at Lionpaw who was snickering at him but Rainpaw ignored him and went to go share tongues with his new mentor.