2

I strained to pull Rogue up off the ground bridal style.

"Where are you gonna take him?" Frosch tugged at my pants.

"I own a place here in town, I use to never stay their unless I was watching The Grand Magic Games. Now I find myself there more and more." I held him the best I could.

We began the short walk to my place.

"You are sure strong to be carrying Rogue." Frosch smiled as he waddled along.

"Yeah but strong or not, he's heavy." I sighed deeply.

"Rogue is super strong." Frosch shook his paw.

"I bet he is."

We quickly approached my home away from home.

"Can you open the door please? The key is on my belt."

Frosch grabbed the key and jumped up, putting the key in the lock before shoving the door open.

I walked in and laid Rogue on the couch before going into the kitchen and grabbing a bowl of cold water with a rag. I sat the bowl down on the table next to the couch. I placed the rag on his head and started to heal him.

Rogue's eyes opened, he tried to sit up.

"No stay still, please." I insisted.

He laid back down with no resistance.

"No arguing, I'm surprised all the other Dragon Slayers I knew would have argued with me." I wet the rag down again and placed it on his head.

"How did you know I was a Dragon Slayer?" Rogue questioned.

"You're Exceed, Frosch. Only Dragon Slayers have Exceeds, well that I know of." I smiled, re-wetting the rag and placing it back on his head.

I stood up and went into the kitchen. I pulled out some pre-sliced vegetables and put them in a pot with some chicken stock. I turned to see Rogue on the floor.

"I guess all Dragon Slayers are stubborn." I helped Rogue back to the couch.

"I'm fine, really." He pulled himself up, gripping the coffee table.

"Just relax ok? There is no reason for you to push yourself."

I walked into my room to check on Frosch. Frosch was curled up at the end of my bed asleep. Rogue leaned against the doorframe to my room.

"Rogue." I spoke.

He walked over to me. "I'm fine, stop worrying, you don't even know me." He went to pick up Frosch.

I stood behind him. "Rogue."

He spun around. "What?!"

"I'm sorry." I sighed deeply.

"For what?" He was getting more and more frustrated.

"And I know I just met you but.." I started.

"But what?" Rogue questioned.

"It's for your own good." I punched him in the stomach.

Rogue coughed and fell into my arms. I pulled the blanket back, trying not to wake Frosch. I put Rogue on my bed and put the blanket over him.

"God damn Dragon Slayers." I mumbled.