breakeven 3/3 [ kaisoo ]

"Who-- Kyungsoo?" His grandmother immediately took him in her arms, squeezing the boy as if to prove that her grandson is really there. "What happened?"

As if the train ride wasn't enough, Kyungsoo's tears started running down his cheeks again, and his grandmother took him in carefully this time, wishing she had to feel the pain instead of her favorite Kyungsoo.

She poured him some of her tea as she tried to keep silent. But Kyungsoo dreaded silence for the first time, wanting anything but his sobs to be heard. "Grandma..."

"Yes, dear?" She pushed the teacup towards hism and waited for him to calm down. "You can tell me anything."

"I... I never wanted this. I just wanted to sing..." Kyungsoo started. "And to think that I even sang with her before. Haha."

If he only knew this would happen, he'll selfishly decline that collaboration with Krystal back then. Yes, it was a success, but that's what love does--it makes you want something all for yourself and being in the same room with someone who would take the one you love away will definitely be the last thing Kyungsoo would consider. But then he woke up one day, being informed that that lady, pretty talented and all, will be the ideal girl that Jongin would get.

Jongin wasn't gay, Kyungsoo was well aware of that. But maybe he mistook the fanservice as something that could actually change his sexual preference. Heck, he never wanted to demand time from the younger, but ever since Kaisoo became a strong ship among the fans they also had to build a stronger friendship-- spending time together, doing things together, whispers and touches onstage.

Which, became too many to mention, and which all, Kyungsoo misunderstood. "I wanted him, grandma. Its my fault that I'm hurting. I wanted something I can't have..."

"Kyungsoo... please don't be too hard on yourself. We fall in love and its either they love us back or we get broken. It is not your fault for them not returning your feelings. No one's ever at fault in love, dear."

She rubbed circles on his back, the same gentle way that she knows would comfort her grandson like before. But Kyungsoo feels like it isn't enough to stop the pain in him this time.