You can call me Queen B

"Juliet!" Fallon yelled out across the courtyard, earning puzzled looks from other people. Their confusion turned into admiration, however, when they realised it was Fallon who was yelling. 

Honestly, Fallon was well known, for many reason. One was because her parents were extremely successful as traders in the Chinese market. Another because she was the top female student in year 11. Another reason was because she was best friends with Lauren Fitzgerald and everyone knew that the two of them were the most pretty, powerful and popular girls in their year. 

Juliet who was walking away from her previous class, blonde hair bouncing, turned around and grinned. 

Beside her, Lauren audibly sighed but went along with Fallon as the walked across the courtyard to meet Juliet. The summer heat had left the trees in good shape, and in the courtyard two tall oak trees loomed above the students. 

Fallon turned to Lauren as they walked to Juliet. "Hey, I thought you wanted to be her friend." 

Lauren turned to her with an eyebrow raised, as if to say really? 

"You were acting so sweet this morning."

"To be liked by everyone." Lauren scoffed. 

Fallon looked down and rolled her eyes. Lauren and her politics. Sometimes, for even the briefest moment, Fallon wondered why she was friends with someone who could be so manipulative and malicious. 

But that wasn't all to Lauren. Sure she cared about being popular and having status, but that was the way her gold-digging mother brought her up. Also, Lauren was extremely caring towards her friends. It was hard to find someone who knew exactly what you were going through, and knew exactly what to say. Lauren to relate to Fallon's personal troubles like no one else. 

"Hi," Juliet said, smiling. "Do you want to eat lunch together?" 

Lauren stiffened beside Fallon. Fallon seized the chance. 

"Sure, let me put my books back first." 

"Great." Juliet replied, and turned back around, heading to her lockers.

"Great." Lauren said sarcastically. "Now we have to babysit her." 

"I don't understand why you're so bitter today." Fallon said, looking forward. 

It took a moment for Lauren to reply, and Fallon turned her head just to catch an expression of fear fly through Lauren's face. "Lauren? What is it?" 

Lauren swallowed. "Nothing." She said forcefully. "I just don't like her. She's a wannabe." 

***

James Sutton watched Lauren from the across the garden, where many tables were scatterd among the green grass. Lauren, Fallon, and Juliet were at a table, all eating the same thing- a low fat salad from Earth, the fancy cafe located by the river. 

Secretly, James had a crush on Lauren. She was beautiful and had a big personality that just seemed to draw him in. And a long time ago, she'd been nice as well. 

Almost all of the children of the wealthy in Melbourne were brought up together, and had attened the same preppy kindergartens and primary schools, and now, high schools. James had known Lauren since play group, and for a while, they had actually been friends. But that all changed once Lauren got to high school. 

Alex Winfred had moved to Melbourne from New York, and immediately James and he became best friends. At when they were all 15, Alex asked Lauren out. 

As James leaned against the wall, watching the trio, he felt a twinge of guilt in his stomach. Alex was his best friend. 

"Hey babe." Sasha, a girl from James' History class, sashayed up to him, her tie loosened in an attempt to look sexy. James pulled a smile and pulled her close, kissing her firmly on the lips. It didn't matter anyway, James told himself. He had a reputation for being a playboy and speed dating other hot rich girls occupied his mind most of the time. 

But the longing of having something he couldn't have hurt. 

Sasha winked at James before walking away, swaying her hips suggestively. A chorus of whoos erupted into the air, and James turned to see Alex and a couple of his other friends teasing him. 

James walked over to them. "So when is she getting dumped?" Jordan, a boy who always tried to be friends with James and Alex, asked. 

James smiled and thought of the most egotistical thing he could think off. "I'll have a little bit more fun with her first." 

Alex rolled his eyes but James saw the hint of a smile. He always thought that Alex would like to have the fun he could have, without being tied down to Lauren. But his love for Lauren always came first. 

Suddenly, his phone dinged. I'm hanging out with Fal and Lauren today. Don't wait for me. - Juliet.  

"What's happened?" Alex asked. 

"Wanna come to my house today? Juliet won't be there." James answered.