A Scheme is a Scheme

(Dippers POV)

"Hi, Bill." I greeted. For a hunter, he seemed nice enough. Something about him gave me the creeps, it wasn't his looks or his smile but something about him as a whole. 

I felt like he was lying. His smile was too practiced. Almost like he had waited for this moment. Like he practiced every day till it happened. His voice was a mix of high and low pitches. He wasn't normal. I could tell that much.

"So what brings a small thing like you out here? With the wolf around it's quite dangerous~" Bill asked.

"I'm not scared of Wendy, she's not a threat." I answered quietly. It was true, she was easy to avoid...but If I did cross her path.....maybe he had a point there.

"A fragile creature like yourself isn't scared of the big bad wolf? I have to say I'm impressed." He smiled at me.

"I'm not defenceless!" I yelled in self-defense. I've had this problem. I don't like to be thought of as weak. I can handle myself. 

"I never said you were, little tree~" He coos almost as if he were talking with a small child. I glared up at his and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Whatever, I should be going anyway." I turned to leave and as I backed up my right my hoof landed on something hard. I took me a second too long to realize what had happened and before I could remove my hoof the jaws slammed shut cutting into the fur and breaking the bone. I screamed out and fell grabbing at the trap to free my leg.

"Kid!?" Bill ran over from the clearing and knelt by the trap. He saw me yanking at the trap and ripped my hand from it. "You're only making it worse calm down!" He grabbed the trap to release my leg and pulled me up and took me into his arms. 

Tears slowly slipped down my face as I pointed towards home and He started to race there. What I didn't notice was the small smile on his face. 

(Bill's POV)

It worked! Ha, he was naive, that's for sure but my little Pine Tree is inviting me right in. Naturally I set the trap when we were talking but you'd think he would watch out a little more.  He wasn't heavy like you might expect but that only aids in my trip to the shack.

He had tears running down his face and his head on my shoulder. All his hoofs were tucked in except the injured one that hung limply from my arms.

"Dipper?" A girls voice sounded out from the porch, "DIPPER!"

"Is there an adult here?" I asked in a rushed tone even though I knew Stan was here. He never left the place.

The girl, a mermaid now that I got closer, shouted for Stan and he flew out in record time to grab my Pine Tree from me.

"What happened!?" He bellowed and brought Dipper to the couch before running for the first aid kit. 

"He stepped in a bear trap, I swear it wasn't mine!" I said laughing internally. These fools. 

I watched as Dipper's face scrunched in pain while Stan aided to his leg. I felt horrible for hurting him this bad, ok well not horrible but bad all the same, but it was necessary  for me to gain trust and be invited into the place. 

Ounce everything was said and done Stan offered his house for the night as a thanks. It took time but I talked him into giving my a job at the shack. He still didn't trust me but I was getting there. I sat on the couch next the Dipper. He was curled into a small ball taking up no more than a single cushion. He was adorable.

Starting tomorrow stage two starts. I've waited for thousands of years for this moment. After Dipper had been... after the incident I knew I had to search for him again. That lead us to now. I have him here and I'll be damned if I ever let him go again.

~~~~

I know this was short and I know I waited forever, but with school out I can work faster also I've been impaled with inspiration! On another note, this has hit 526 reads! That might not be much but for me it means the world! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Anyway tell me what you think about this new detail and I will try to relpy as soon as I can :)