Chapter 2 // The Bluest Of Them All

Sapphire's P.O.V

" So did you meet anyone sweetie?"

"Well, there was this one woman, her name is Aria Mills, she's got red hair and a slightly pitched voice, but she seems quite wonderful. We are going to go grab some coffee sometime this week."

"She sounds lovely. Any guys?" I can almost hear my mother's grin through the phone as she asks the question, obviously hoping I'd found someone after three years of being single, by choice.

"I met this one man, he's very wonderful. His name is Jesse Adara. He's got the most beautiful eyes mother."

"Do I really want to know about his eyes sweetie?"

"They are candy apple green mother! He's a wonderful guy as far as I know. I-" I'm cut off as I hear a series of knocks on the door.

Soft, hard, three knocks, two knocks.

I'd recognize that code anywhere, it was... slightly more original than a simple knock on the door but it was how I identified that insane man.

"I have to go mother. I'll call you back soon! Love you!" I hang up before my mother gets to answer and I slip my phone onto my desk, rushing over to the door, not making sound. I swing the door open and I am met with a grinning Jesse, and another tall, also very handsome man. His hair was just about shoulder length and his eyes could only be described as the eighth wonder of the world.

"Hello Jesse!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him tight. He hugs me back and as soon as we pull away, I look at his friend.

"Who is this? If you don't mind me asking by the way. Pardon me."

"This is the fella I was telling you about."

"Oh... mi... uh... " I struggle to remember the names Jesse had told me a couple of weeks back. After the ship set sail, Jesse and I decided to take a stroll around the boat, stopping and looking into the boutiques around the ship. The ship was much larger than one would think, to my surprise. We'd then grabbed dinner and since then, we'd spent just about every other day together. Jesse and I had become accustomed to one another's presence and it was quite nice to know at least one man on the ship did not want to hit on me.

"Matthew?" Jesse chuckles and shakes his head, looking up to his rather tall friend.

"No, no I'm not Matthew. I'm Jacob Donahue." Jacob shoots me a warm smile, extending his left hand towards me and I shake it gently.

"Well it's lovely to meet you Jacob! I'm Sapphire Campbell."

"Ah, so you are Sapphire."

"The one and only, Sir."

"Well I've heard a lot about you Sapphire. Of course Jensen told me about how beautiful you are, I must say he is not wrong. " Jacob compliments and I can't help but feel a tad worried. However, I shake the feeling off, smiling and thanking him for the compliment.

"Don't worry Phi, he's got a girlfriend. Luckily she's on the ship as well or else we'd have a weeping mess on board." Jesse teases and Jacob hits him lightly on the shoulder. I sigh in relief and I let out a soft laugh.

"So we were thinking, since it's already just about five o'clock, why don't we go grab some grub down at the smoothie bar, and then we can head back to my suite, and just relax, and watch a movie? You'll get to meet Matthew as well. He's just boarded the ship and is getting some Z's before the movie night." I grin, nodding and grabbing my phone from my desk, the boys following me into the room. I'd decided to make the room my own, hanging up a few picture frames, which mainly contained photos of my friends back home and I, and a few band posters.