Everyday Brings Something New

***Link*** 

     I pull the car into the same parking spot we use everyday and turned the ignition off. We got out and walked into the studio together. Stevie ran up to us and said "are we filming the newsical today?" and Rhett nodded and I said "uhhh... Yeah. I think so." And Rhett just nodded again. She nodded and said "Alright. I'll have the crew set up for it. What props do we need?" I looked at Rhett and he said "police hat, wig, and plexiglass." She took off and Rhett and I went to our office. 

     I opened my laptop and opened the tabs needed for the episode. We headed toward the set and sat at our table. Rhett sat on my right as usual and started. "A man calls in a bomb threat." I paused for the dramatic effect "to his own wedding." And Rhett said "let's sing about that." I smiled at the camera and we filmed the video. 

     We were nearing the end when Rhett and I were holding up the glass between us with one hand each and he sang "in fact I'm gonna kiss you through this glass." and moved forward with his lips nearing the glass "Right here. You can kiss me." And I didn't know what to do but I knew if I didn't go with it we would have to refilm. I moved forward and sang "What?" and he said "Kiss me through the glass." 

     Our lips touched the glass on opposite sides and he opened his eyes. He started giggling and I laughed too. We made eye contact through the glass and he was smiling goofily at me. I smiled back and he said "well, that was a little different than I expected it to be." I laughed again and said "My goodness." He replied "We should do this every week." and I honestly didn't know what to say so I said "I don't know what to say at this point." and stared confusedly at the camera. 

     Rhett was staring at me and I didn't look at him. "Alright." He said and pulled the glass down and put it on the floor. "Okay." He said trying to break the silence. I laughed and said "Wow." My eyes began to water and I said "Ohhhh. My eyes are, like, watering. Oh my geez." Rhett said "ummm, well, uhh, there ya- there ya go." and I said "What happened?" and Rhett said "The uh... The. That was the story of Neil and Amy, and uhh, how they loved each other through the glass. In fact I wanna make an announcement right now. That's the play that we are gonna start writing right now. It's gonna be a big broadway hit. It's called loving through the glass. It's about a man and a woman spending a year apart and only having conjugal visits and just, glass interactions." 

     I didn't want to add anything or even say anything for that matter. I was so confused and wanted the episode to end. "You know what time it is." I pulled out the wheel of mythicality and Rhett started talking about ear biscuits and I said "Why was it so easy for you to recover from that, because that was traumatic for me."  I genuinely wanted to know how he had managed to be so fine after that and he replied "because I know how to embody a character like Amy." 

     I could hear the lie in his voice and said "Oh. Okay. You just look so little like Amy" He continued with the wheel and we ended the episode. We went into Good Mythical More and I tried not to think about what happened but couldn't not think about it. I knew he liked it. How could he like it? We were best friends. Not lovers.