Chapter 3 - A Complete Disaster

-:(/):- Ginny's POV -:(/):-
I was sitting on my bed finishing up my over-the-summer essay for Snape, when suddenly, a boy dashed into my room like a frantic spider trying to escape a basilisk.
I jumped, spilling my ink vial all over myself and my red-and-gold striped sheets, when I realized with a snap that the boy was Harry. I gasped.
Unfortunately for me, Harry heard the noise, and flipped around. He was laughing happily, but when his bright green eyes fell on me, the smile melted right off his face, and was replaced by a shade of red even darker that my hair.
"Oh! S-sorry, Ginny! Wrong room!" He stuttered. He was staring at me, his mouth open in a half- mortified, half-sheepish smile, when the fact that I was almost completely covered in black ink got through his thick skull.
"Oh!" He exclaimed again. "Sorry! I'll um, try and, um, fix that." He pointed his wand at the slowly-growing pool of jet-black ink, and muttered an incantation. The stain became about half its original size, and paled in color.
"Um," Harry said. "I'll go get Hermione, she can probably fix that-"
"Oh! Um, no, it's alright," I replied quickly. "I'll ask her to do it tonight."
"Oh, ok," Harry said. "Well, um, see you, I guess."
"Oh, uh, yeah. Bye." I answered.
With another sheepish apology, Harry left the room.
I slowly rose a hand and touched my cheek. Just as I thought. It was warm, and I could tell I had been blushing wildly the whole time.
Despite myself, I smiled, remembering how the red in his cheeks clashed with the luminous green in his eyes.
I was sitting like that, a faint smile on my face, my hand grazing my cheek, when Hermione walked in.
"Um, Ginny?" She said. "Can I ask you a question?"
I murmured assent, my mind still replaying the moment Harry had seen me.
"Why are you covered in ink?"

<•><•><•><•>

-:(/):- Harry's POV -:(/):-

I had rarely been more embarrassed.
I could not believe I had run into Ginny's room! It could've been anyone else's, but no. It just had to be hers.
And I had knocked over her ink! And I couldn't even do the cleaning spell right! Overall, it was a complete disaster.
I sure wasn't going to forget that anytime soon. Because I was embarrassed. Not because of the way her red hair brought out the scarlet undertones in her eyes...
Snap out of it! I scolded myself. She's Ginny. Just Ginny. Ron's sister! Yes, I had to stop that way of thinking. It would only lead to trouble. And even if I did try and... pursue that. I didn't want another Cho, did I?
I shuddered, remembering how terrible that had ended.
I repeated this over and over in my head the rest of the day, but always kept coming back to one thing.
That image of Ginny, dark brown eyes wide, mouth slightly agape, fiery red hair tangled as always.
Get out of my head, I thought to the picture.
It didn't listen.

<•><•><•><•>

Hello my little owlets!
OMG!!! Last time I posted, I had like 15 followers! Now I have 24? Whaaaaaa?!?!?!?
Thank you guys so much for following!
Anyway, comment telling me what you think is going to happen next! And please don't be a... DUN DUN DUN... GHOST READER!!! You know, the ones who read but never vote/comment etc.? It's just that when you guys don't vote or comment, I don't know who you are!
Thank you for reading and buh-BAI cutie pies.
-Mille💛