Emergency(20)

Devin had expected something simple like a movie and dinner, so when Sid had pulled up to this fancy Italian restaurant Devin almost didn't get out of the car. She had never been to anything that was five star worthy and looked like it could be out of one of those really nice cooking magazines. When she looked over at Sid he looked very happy that she was out with him. She sighed and pushed the car door open and followed him inside, once they were seated they fell into small friendly conversation. He asked her questions about herself, what she liked to do for fun, when she got her first tattoo, and stuff about Riley. She enjoyed that he seemed to want to get to know her on a more personal level.

"So what happened between you and George?" He asked her. They had been talking about how her life and the events leading up to Riley.

"Well," she began hesitantly. "He had been arrested on an old DUI charge and a few day after that I had found out I was pregnant. There wasn't much I could do, his dad didn't want anyone to visit him or call him so that he would learn from his mistake so I kept Riley a secret."

Sid nodded his head slowly. "What about when he got out? What happen then?"

"He got a new number," Devin told him then paused. "And by that point Hollywood Undead had really taken off and I didn't really think that he had matured enough to be a father, plus there was the constant worry if he even wanted to be a dad or not."

"But you guys are okay now and he's helping?" He asked just to clarify, Devin nodded her head.

"Yeah George is a great guy and loves Riley more than I ever thought he would." She finished with a smile. "You know Sid if you're wondering if me and George are trying to get back together, you're wrong."

He looked down out of embarrassment and rubbed the back of his neck. "It's that obvious huh?"

"I just had a hunch."

"So then if I asked you for a second date it wouldn't be a problem?"

Devin giggled and he smiled, her laugh was adorable and only made him fall for her even harder.

"Maybe." She teased him. He really hoped that she would say yes before he took her home, he really liked her a lot.

"Maybe?" He grinned and moved closer to her, he could see her cheeks brighten with color. Right as he draped his arm around her shoulders her phone began ringing, interrupting the moment between them. Devin was going to ignore it but when it stopped ringing and her text tone started blaring repeatedly she dug it out of her purse to see that Asia was the one who was trying to get ahold of her.

"I'm sorry, its my babysitter." She said dialing Asia's number. "I have to see if Riley's okay."

"No it's perfectly fine, I understand."

She smiled at him weakly and got up out her seat and walked to a quieter area.

"Asia?"

"Get to the hospital now, Riley's in the ER!" Asia yelled in a panic then hung up.

Devin's heart stopped instantly when she heard that her little girl was in the hospital an all she knew was that she had to get there ASAP. She hadn't bothered to call Asia back to find out what was wrong, she just stuffed her phone back into her bag and rushed back to the table. Sid sat there waiting for her, a look of worry filled his face when he caught a glimpse of Devin.

"What happened? Is Riley okay?" Sid asked. He stood up, grabbing her wrist gently once she grabbed her jacket from the chair.

"N-no she's.. I don't know!" She cried, Sid wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight before she pulled away. "She's in the ER. C-can you drive me there?" She finally managed to choke out. Sid nodded his head and tossed a few fifty dollar bills on the table before rushing out with her.