Raen

"No, no, no! You can't just break from the agreement, damn it! We all agreed the best thing to do was to stick to the plan!" My team leader shouted profanities at our supporter who decided to rush out onto the field, in the direct line of fine of the enemy, and got himself killed. I sighed as he re-spawned and apologized.

"I just thought Ahri might need help, I mean she's Ahri." he said, and there was silence as they all swallowed the words I knew they were thinking, 'It's true.' I rolled my eyes. Just cause she was difficult for them to use, they assumed I didn't know how to use her and would make some sort of dent in their gameplay.

"And yet I've somehow managed to stay alive longer than the rest of you." I said. They all gave indignant squeaks, as if trying to protect their weak honour.

"We're all trying to cover for you." our fighter grumbled, and I 'hm'ed.

"Were you? Fine then. I'll stay here. You guys play. Don't bother covering for me." I said, and moved Ahri to the back. They were all silent before someone sucked his teeth.

"Whatever. Come on, let's go again. We can't let the loss of the Ranged AP we don't need bother us." he said, obviously taunting me. I didn't let it bother me; female gamers who were level three were always frowned upon. Unlike what people think happens, where the guys all play nice and pamper the girl, it's definitely different. The female ends up being ridiculed for being a 'bad player', even when she isn't, and eventually leaves the team because the guys are too ashamed to admit that 'a girl plays better' even though gender really isn't important. One would think that nerds would know that being exiled for whatever reason isn't pleasant. I suppose being in your own territory makes all the difference, huh? Not that this wasn't my territory anymore than it was theirs.

If anything, I belonged here more than any of them.

So I watched them. My 'team members' got slaughtered over and over because I wasn't 'interrupting their battles and trying to take the spotlight'. I wouldn't do such a thing, I just tried to save them from getting killed. After all, they would never 'pamper me just because I'm a girl', as my previous team said.

"Are you done now?" I asked when they had gone silent and they had all died. Ahri was taking hits, but I was waiting for them to respond.

"What kind of point are you trying to make, Ahri?" our marksman asked, irritably.

"When we all re-spawn, you let me do the fighting." this sounded more prideful than it was intended to, I assure you. "If you even touch your mouses or keyboards to perform a single spell, be it healing or offensive, I will consider it as you trying to save me, and will let you all die, even if you are in danger." I said. They agreed immediately, most likely expecting me to die as soon as I began.

Oh please.

When we all re-spawned, I slaughtered the enemy team. My bots were a big help in taking out the other team's bots while I just went after the other players, who were most likely very shocked to be beaten by Ahri. Just as with my team, most players I've come across in three years don't use Ahri properly, so cannot understand how someone else can use her.

When I was done, and the 'Victory' sign came up on screen, I decided to be a little...evil.

"Are you guys still there? Did you miss it? Should I do it again?" I asked, and the team leader went offline. Everyone else followed. I 'tsk'ed, mildly annoyed that my taunting didn't rise to surface any kind of spat between us. But I shrugged, looking above my monitor to the sheet of paper above it, pinned to a board over many, many others, and 'oh'ed. It was okay they dumped me.