Resolved..?

Kaoru's POV

I didn't know what made me do it.

I didn't understand why I caught her.

I hate her, so why?

I hate it.

But..I think I did the right thing.

Or is it?

I pulled her swiftly back onto the rooftop floor, her shoes clacking softly as it touched the surface once more. I immediately let go of her hand once she had regained her balance, and took a step back. I saw her gazing into my eyes, her eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"N-no...You must be Hikaru..You weren't lying to me, and I...I-I'm so sorry!" She sobbed, stepping forward and wrapping her arms around my torso, burying her face into my chest, sobbing.

I didn't know what to feel.

I felt sorry for her, but..

I still hate her.

After all,

She did attempt to kill me, and

t o o k  H i k a r u  a w a y  f r o m  m e.

My right hand snaked around her waist to pull her close, and I cradled her head gently with my other hand, stroking her blonde locks. I whispered soothingly into her ears, and she started to calm down. Once she had stopped sobbing, I pulled away from her gently, and tilted her chin upwards for her to look at me, leaving only a short gap between us. She blushed, and I gave her a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, Rinto. But I don't think this is going to work out." I spoke softly, careful not to trigger her once more.

"B-but, why? We were so perfect, Hika!" She stuttered, her eyes welling up with tears once more.

"I love somebody else, Rinto. I didn't want to hurt your feelings, which is why I agreed to go out with you." I replied, deadpan.

Her eyes widened in shock, and she looked gazed into my eyes, her mouth gaped open slightly.

"N-no..Some other girl must have threatened you or something, to go out with her instead of me..One of your crazy fangirls...Right?" She whispered.

"Don't you see, Rinto?"

I pulled away from her, and took a step back, placing my hands into my pockets.

"You're the other girl."

She dropped onto her knees and started to sob, and I could feel a numb sensation in my heart. Was I satisfied? Did I feel terrible? I couldn't tell.

"If...If I can't have you, then NO ONE can!" She shrieked.

I could see her reached towards the knife and wrapping her hands around it tightly, but before I could react, she lunged at me.

I closed my eyes and waited for the impact to come, but reopened my eyes after I heard a loud clang.

"You should have been on the ground laid down in a pool of your blood a long time ago."

I looked up to see the Masuku twins in front of me, Rinto on the floor with the knife kicked away from her reach. They towered over her, and I could see a mixture of anger and surprise in Rinto's blue orbs.

"You..! This has nothing to do with you twins, get out of my way! Who the hell are you two anyways?" She yelled, gritting her teeth.

"Oh, that's not important. What's more important right now is you."

They knelt down in front of her, and quickly turned around to face me with a smirk and a wink, before turning back to face Rinto.

"We know everything there is about you, 'Rinto Surida'." Akai said.

"What do you mean? You creeps!" Rinto spat, glaring at the two.

"Why did you come to Japan, might I ask? Something along the lines of an important family business to settle here?" Shiroi asked.

"H-how-"

"Yes, and we know your name isn't Rinto Surida, is it?" Akai grinned.

"Rose Tonerre."

I furrowed my eyebrows, deep in thought. Where have I heard that surname before?

"Y-you..What do you want?" Rinto asked, trembling slightly out of anger.

"We want you to get out of Japan. Leave. You are nothing but a filthy murderer, and a psychopath who does not know what other things to do than ruining people's lives."

"If we see you at any point of time
in Japan, we will not hesitate to, well.."

They leaned closer to her, and whispered into her ears. I couldn't hear what they had said, but I could see Rinto's face paled instantly. They stood back up and turned to me, Shiroi holding out his hand towards me.

"Thanks." I mumbled, grabbing his hand for support and standing up.

A faint sob resonated in the air, and I looked down to see Rinto crying once more. The numbing throb in my chest returned once more, and I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

I really hated this 'feeling'.

"Come on, Hikaru. Let's go." The twins said, walking towards the rooftop entrance.

I knelt in front of Rinto, and lifted her head gently to face me. I was taken aback as I looked into her eyes.

They looked empty.

I quickly regained my composure, and gave her a light peck on her forehead.

"Goodbye forever, Rose." I spoke softly.

I stood back up and turned around, walking towards the door where the Masuku twins waited for me.

"I'll come back for you, Hikaru! A-and when I do, we'll be together again!" I could hear her yell behind me.

I chuckled darkly, and stopped at the door, tilting my head to the side.

"That, my dear, would be a wasted effort."

I continued walking down the stairs, away from the rooftop door,

leaving Rinto/Rose behind.