Chapter 5

Chapter 5
             |A Date And Her Secrets|

Laura POV

After touching up on my makeup and making curling my hair, I went out of the house where in less than 5 minutes, Ross came pulling up in the driveway.

"Hey Ross!'' I smiled widely

"Hi Laura! You ready?"

"Of course I-"

"Oh My GOSH! Is that ROSS LYNCH? " Leah came out screaming.

" Yes its me... Erm.. Gotta go!" Ross said, half smiling. It seemed like he didn't know what to do. I was just going to get in Ross' car when...

" LAURA MARANO! LEAH WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A DATE WITH ROSS! NOT YOU! And where did you get that red dress??? And where's my errr.. Your.. paycheck that is supposed to be given to me???!!!" My mom came out. Argh!

" One, I don't care, two, I bought this red dress, three, I spent the paycheck because I work for it!" I retorted.

" Well, Ross, who would you like to go on a date with. Little Miss dumpster, " mom said looking at me, " or little miss perfect? " She looked at Leah.

Why oh why is there such a thing as favoritism ?!

"I choose... Little Miss Perfect-?" Ross said, feeling puzzled.

" YESSSS!!!!!!!" Leah screamed and jumped, cutting Ross off.

I looked at Ross hurt and suprised. I thought he liked me!

" I haven't finished yet! Little Miss Perfect, Laura!" Ross said, looking mad. He continued, " C'mon Laura, let's go! "

Ross and I drove off in his car without another word from Leah and my mom. About twenty minutes later, we came to a garden, a very beautiful one. Beside the big garden was a tiny cafe.

" Laura, welcome to the most romantic place on earth, Cafe De Romeo! Well, apart from Paris! " Ross said, laughing at his own joke.

" Wow, this place is.. Gorgeous! Ross, what a wonderful place!" I exclaimed.

" I knew you'd like it! Let's go and eat! "

We went in the cafe and ordered our food. An hour later, we came out of the cafe and sat on the swing in the garden together.

" Hey.. Ross... Thank you for this wonderful night." I say.

" Well, there is a way to thank me...."

" How? This was the best night of my life!" I smile.

" Easy. By telling me everything. Why you wear black clothes, why your mom got angry and about your sister. Tell me everything. "

I gulp. Did he really want me to do that?

Ross POV
I just told Laura to tell me everything. Was I too demanding? No, I couldn't be.

" Laura, spill." I said.

" Sigh... My mom and dad favors my sister more than me, and everything is unfair! My sister wants to be the star and everything is given to her! My pay, my meals, my everything! I got angry and decided to become bad as I was totally too good before. So I wore black clothes to upset them and create, 'bad fearless Laura', but.. You found out. Nothing goes my way. Nobody cares about me! " When I listened to Laura's explanation, I was shocked. This happened to her but I didn't know? What a bad boyfr- wait, I'm not her boyfriend! Argh!

Laura broke down and started crying softly. Oh what have I done!

" Laura... Look, I had no idea! I'm sorry! But you forgot something! I came your way, and I care dearly about you. Even if no one else does!"

I leaned towards her and slowly but surely, kissed her. It felt like the right thing to do!

Laura POV

Ross is kissing me! It feels like magic. Sparks are flying! It's like all the sorrows in my life is gone! Did a unicorn fly past? Or was it a shooting star?

Ross POV

I enjoyed the moment. We continued kissing for another minute and broke the kiss.

Laura wiped her tears and gave a faint smile.

" Thank you.. Thank you for everything... But you'll never understand what I'm going through. The feeling that no one cares about you.."

" No, Laura, I understand!" I blurt out.

" What.. What do you mean? "

A/N Cliffie! Sorry I didn't update in a LONG while. I'm preparing for an exam soo... See you soon.. Bye!