Chapter 41

*Roxie's p.o.v.*

After dinner we all said our goodnights and headed to bed. I crawled in bed and laid my head down on the pillow. Carl crawled in after me and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my forehead.

"Do you think the baby will be okay?" I ask out of the blue. "Of course it will! What makes you think it won't?" "Nothing. I just..." "You don't want what happened to my mom to happen to you." He says.

"Well." I say, not really knowing what to say at the mention of his mother. Although what he said was true, I never would have said it. I know how he gets around the mentioning of the wonderful sounding woman known as his mom.

"It's okay to say it. I don't want it to happen either." He says. "I'm sorry, I'm being over dramatic." "No, you're not. You're just worried, I get it...I am too."

"Thank you...for everything." I say and finally close my eyes, ready to be engulfed in sleep. "I would do it everyday." He says, sounding like he is also getting ready to fall asleep.

We say our goodnights to each other and fall into wonderful sleep.

*morning*

I woke up to a shuffling sound downstairs. I quickly get up and grab my gun off the nightstand, waking Carl in the process.

"What's wrong?!" He whispers loudly. "Listen." I say. He hears the shuffling and grabs his gun too. We slowly make our way out of the bedroom and see a man sitting on the stairs. I'm guessing it's the guy they found yesterday.

"What the hell are you doing in my house." Carl says. "Just looking around. Nice place you got here. A very good supply of weapons might I add. I just walked in on your mom and dad, they should be dressed soon." The man who they called jesus says.

The door to Rick's room opens to reveal a Rick and Michonne. "I knew it would happen!" I say. Michonne smiles at me.

Dad and a few others walk in and look at jesus, then at Rick and Michonne. "That's disgusting. Right when them two are here too." Glenn says. I chuckle at the redness in Rick's cheeks.

We take jesus to the kitchen and talk about where he came from. It's a place called the Hilltop.

"Okay, it's settled. We are going to the Hilltop." Rick says. We all separate and I go up to my and Carl's bedroom. I sit down on the bed and put on my combat boots and a small coat.

Carl walks in and does the same. "Are you okay with this? You can stay here if you want?" He says. "No. I need to do this. Plus, I'm getting a little sick of seeing those walls. That's the only thing I miss about always being out there. I could see the beautiful trees and grass whenever I wanted." I say.

He nods, understanding. "Well, then let's get going." He says. I smile at him and he returns it. I grab my belt and strap it on, along with putting my pistol and knife in their rightful spots on my waist. I also grab my crossbow and sling it on my shoulder.

My dad has been jealous of me because, in an encounter before he got back here, someone took his crossbow and he wants to use mine. I'll never let this baby out of my sight though.

I grab Carl's hand and we make our way outside and into the rv. Soon, almost our whole group (including the asshole jesus) is inside the large vehicle, and we drive off, out of Alexandria.

"Do you think, that maybe, they will have equipment for checking things for the baby?" I ask. "I don't know, but we can hope. I do know that you need to calm down about it. The baby will be fine and so will you." Carl says calmly. I smile.

We are sitting near the back of the rv, but not in the bedroom. "Come here. You need rest. I can see the tiredness in your eyes." He says with a slight chuckle. I smile once more at him and scoot myself closer to him so I can lay my head on his lap.

He plays with my hair, which always helps me become sleepy. I soon close my eyes and find myself sleeping.

*Carl's p.o.v.*

I keep my gaze on Roxie. She's so beautiful. I can see why she is so worried about the baby. I am too, I just don't want her to know because it would freak her out even more.

"Awe! They are so cute!" I hear Glenn whisper. "Dude, calm your panties. You aren't a teenage girl." I hear Abraham laugh out. I break my gaze from Roxie to laugh along with Abraham.

Glenn slightly pouts which makes us laugh more. "Man, kid, how do you do it?" Abe asks. "What?" I ask. I am completely confused on what he asked. I focus my gaze on Roxie once again, smiling a little bit.

"You manage to do all you can for the group, keep her safe, and on top of everything on your long list of shit, you have a baby on the way." Abe says, explaining his question.

"Well, it comes with loving someone." I say, moving hair out of Roxie's face.

"Awe! That's so cute!" Maggie says, this time.

"You do a pretty damn good job at it if I do say so myself." Abraham says.

It is true though. You find yourself getting more power to go on and to keep your loved ones safe once you find your soul mate. Yes, it sounds cheesy, but it's true.

She stirs a little but soon relaxes again.

We pull up to a small, fenced community with two guards holding spear-like things.

"Wake up, babe. We are here." I say, shaking her lightly.

She sits up and we all leave the cramped rv.

"Welcome to the Hilltop." jesus says. All of us are still holding our weapons up. "Put your weapons down!" One of the guards yells.

"I don't think we want to do that!" My dad says back.

"It's okay guys! They're with me!" jesus yells. My dad argues a little more but persuades them to let us keep our weapons. Soon we are inside the small community.

*Roxie's p.o.v.*

When we get in, the smell of farm animals instantly clogs my nose. I cough a little, not used to the smell. You would think that after fighting walkers for most of my life, my sense of smell would be like gone, but I just never liked the smell of farm animals and the drastic change clearly didn't do well for me.

Carl rubs my back soothingly. I smile at him and lean into his side. We go into a rather large building and walk in. "You guys can wait here, while I go get Gregory. He runs the hilltop." jesus says waking into and office.

I sit down next to Maggie. "jesus said that they have a doctor that could do an ultrasound on us." She says. "Really?! Oh my God!" I say excitedly. "I know! I'm excited too." She say smiling at me. I smile back at her.

I've been worried about the baby for so long, so I can't wait to see how it's doing. "Um, Carl and Roxie can go and check on their baby, but I need the rest of you guys to stay here." jesus says. I look at Carl confused, but he just shrugs and grabs my hand. We walk to see the doctor, talking about what they might be talking about.

We get to the doctor and he tells me to lay down and to pull my shirt up right over my belly. "This is going to be cold." He says with a slight smile. He puts the blue jelly-like substance on my stomach. He uses a device and tells us to look at the screen as me moves it around my stomach.

"And there it is. I can't really tell what gender it is yet, but if you guys come back in like a month or two I might be able to tell." He says, still with the same smile. I smile back and just stare at the screen. A human is growing inside of me. Oh my God.

A/N. I am so sorry I haven't posted in a while, but here is a sucky chapter to maybe satisfy you until the next update. So, thank you very much for reading!