Chapter six: movies

Roxas's POV

I didn't dress in anything special. Just my usual thing. Which Sora commented on a couple times.... But oh well. Axel's car pull up the drive and I watch it from the window. I take a deep breath before jogging outside.

I hope I don't screw this up...

-----------------------------------

Axel's POV

Roxas jumps in the car. I smile at him before pulling out of the drive.

"So what movie are we seeing?" He asks. I keep my eyes on the road and answer his question.

"I wanted to see The Conjuring but I know you hate scary movies..."

Roxas cuts me off.

"We can watch that."

I sneak a quick look at him.

"You sure?"

I see Roxas nod out the corner of my eyes.

"Yeah. It WAS your birthday last."

I shrug. Hey if he wants to watch it I won't stop him. But I've never seen scared Roxas....

----------------------

Roxas's POV.

What was I thinking? Oh right, that I didn't want Axel to think I was a baby. So here I am watching some scary ass movie.

I whimper and jump. I can't help it. I just don't do scary things. Axel chuckles next to me and my face heats up.

What the hell was I thinking? A jump scare comes and I jump back and end up almost on Axel's lap.

I squeeze my eyes shut when a girl is about to be killed.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. Without thinking I lean back into the owner of the arms and turn around to hide from the movie. Axel's arms are warm and I feel safe. He starts to play with my hair and I sit like that for the rest of the movie because if I come out...I shudder at the thought of it.