Running, Baby. (Sosuke x Reader)

You felt the wind rush past you as you ran, it was dark and colder, which was why you ran at night, even though it was a tad bit dangerous. You would leave your house at around seven and return at about nine every night, running about four miles in the process, you didn't really count. You ran from your home and around your neighborhood and shopping district to Samezuka academy, and then jogged around the campus before returning home.

You had done this all summer long, trying to regain the once perfect running you had. You were an elite runner, in track and field and a bit of cross country, your personal favorite out of the two. Who wouldn't be stoked to run a 3.1 mile course?

The second years adored you, as this coming up year would have been your third year in the program. But sadly, last season of track and field caused a major injury to come up in your knee, and you couldn't run anymore like you could then. You had to jog and work your way up to it, but you couldn't sprit, for a long distance anyways.

You ran every night for a bit, though it was more of a jog and walk scenario, your cardio having taken a toll from the sudden halt on your sports life.

When you reached Samezuka, you decided to go a bit slower, jogging with your stupid metal knee brace making this weird 'clunk' sound every time. And for some reason, after a while, you heard people running as well, behind you as they would soon pass you. You were wearing shorts, a jacket which was left unzipped, and a red and black patterned sports bra.

Let's just say you were maybe overly confident about your body.

You had been running forever, which caused you to stay a slim, yet healthy shape. You didn't have much curve wise, except for the fact that they were barely there, due to your friend in the Americas sending you some of those waist wrap things about a year ago, they helped with the curves and burning off excess fat around your waist. To say you were all meat wasn't an expression anymore.

You heard the runners beside you and decided to walk for a bit, wincing in pain as your knee send a jolt throughout you, causing you to cry out as the two runners stopped to help you out.

"Are you alright?" One asked as you bit your lip, sitting down on a nearby bench as you took a look at your knee, it was swollen and purple. In fact, it hadn't looked like this in a while. Not since around the beginning of summer, and right before you thought you would be good for track and field in the spring....

"Sorry, I have a knee injury. It was doing so good too." You frowned as another wave of pain coursed throughout you, causing you to grimace again. The one who had asked you if you were alright looked up at you as you saw his face.

Your cheeks would have turned red if they weren't already from the amount of running you had done. He had black hair and droopy teal eyes, a large, muscular figure and you could tell, he was taller than most guys.

"Well you'll definitely have to start going back to therapy for it." He suggested as you groaned in frustration.

"I-I don't want to go back to therapy! I want to go back to track and field." You crossed your arms as now the tears threatened to spill, you hadn't even noticed the watering of your eyes until now. You truly wouldn't get to spend your last year in high school in any sport you liked. "It's my last year, and I won't be able to run because of this stupid-excuse my language- fucking injury!" You yelled out, and began to sob like a child as they both looked shocked at what you had said.

"H-Hey, calm down. It'll be okay." The one with black hair said gently as he sat beside you, pulling you into a hug as the other just stayed silent. He had his maroon hair pulled back into a small ponytail and seemed a bit pained at your trouble, but it was getting late.

"Sorry, I don't even know you two." You sniffled as you retracted from the male's embrace.

"I'm Rin." The one with maroon hair shrugged as you looked over at the one with his arms still around you, rubbing your back.

"I'm Sosuke." He said in his deep voice, as your stomach felt as if it had butterflies, you didn't know, maybe you were about to throw up from all the stress.

"Oh, well, I'm Y/n L/n." You smiled as they gasped, obviously having heard your name before.

"So you're the track star that injured her knee! Makoto talks about you non-stop!" Rin, chuckled as he made eye contact with you. "And plus, all of the boys on the track team here were talking about it too. They said you always beat them, even when it wasn't your race." You blushed upon hearing this, even though it really just made you even more sad in the process. It was time to face reality, you wouldn't ever be able to run like that again.

"I'll help her get home, you can go back to the dorm Rin." Sosuke said as Rin nodded, leaving while calling someone right after, probably Makoto from the way he was describing it.

"Y-You don't have to, I'm fine." You winced as you got up from the bench, just the slightest amount of pressure hurting you.

"No, I'm taking you home." He said bluntly as he picked you up, carrying you 'bridal style' as most books described it, making you unable to feel the pain in your knee.

"B-But you don't know where I live!" You protested, but didn't struggle as he left the campus.

"Well you're going to tell me now, duh." He said, confused as you told him your address. "You really like to run, huh?" He asked after calculating the distance, quite a bit for someone who was supposed to not run.

"Well...yeah." You answered awkwardly as you looked away from his sharp gaze.

"Well, as long as you don't run all the way to Samezuka, I'd be happy to run with you nightly, on days your knee is okay." He offered as your eyes lit up, excited at the offer.

"Of course Sou-chan!" You happily accepted as he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Oh what will I ever do with you now Y/n?"