Chapter 9: The News

11th March, 2015.

Doncastor.

Laura Goslings.

After all the meetings and greetings to my twin sisters and my step-Pa at the living room, Sof and I had breakfast with them and went to bed after the tiresome journey. Our rooms were still the same- just how we had left them and my room was still beside Sof's, the next room was for the twins and the very next was Ma and step-Pa's. I better start calling him just Pa instead of step-Pa; that sounds so funny.

Libbie had greater affection for me than Phoebe while Phoebe had greater affections for Sof. Ma and Pa took us to our rooms and said to us, "Take rest girls. We wake you up during lunch," then turning to the kids she said, "C'mon, little babies. Let's go downstairs while your sissies take rest."

The children made a sound that showed that they wanted to play with us more. Ma came towards Libbie and whispered loudly in her ears enough to reach Phoebe's ears too, "Who wants some ice- cream? You don't want your big sissies to have them, do you?"

They both quickly ran downstairs hand in hand. They are so good and so cute together, I wish I could stay here forever! Sof and I thanked Ma and Pa for everything they had done for us but Ma said, "No girls. It's me who is proud of you both. I mean, look at you two, you were so young kids when you left. Now,... now you are all grown ups and have a job of our own. I feel sad that I wasn't there for you both when you needed me the most - in times of your worries, your finances and all that."

'It's okay, Ma. We love you both," I said and hugged her followed by Sof doing the same . Pa also joined the group hug.

------X------

Suddenly, something caused the window close to my bed to open. Then a body was seen visible through the moonlight that filled the room with it's silvery light. The body was a man's body; he was walking towards me. I sat up on my bed and tried to shout but my throat was so parched that I could not utter a word. The man stood right at my side, I was shivering now and the cold drops of my perspiration made me so numb, my lips were quavering.

Suddenly, I felt a cold metallic thing was pressed tightly o my forehead; it was a pistol, surely a silenced one. Silent tears fell from my eyes and then streamed down through my cheeks. My night shirt was soaking with cold sweat. The man's right hand harshly swept over my cheeks, making the tear streams to lose their way. I made a soft sound that suggested I was afraid of him and did not like his rough hand on my cheeks. He harshly said removing his hand, "Where did you hide the phone? Tell me, pretty girl, there is no use crying."

I wanted to tell him but I couldn't; I was so parched. He loudly shouted at me, "Tell me bitch!"

But still I couldn't. Then he lost his patience and pulled the trigger, a large 'BANG!!!' echoed in my ears.

I woke up with my heart thumping out of my rib cage, my body covered in sweat, I looked at the mirror that was in front of the wall opposite to the bed- it was pale white, my entire body was shaking. I took the bottle of water that was on the bedside table and emptied it soon.

My phone told me it was 11:45 a.m. I sat on the bed for about fifteen to twenty minutes just to calm myself down. It wasn't any ordinary dream. It was that kind of dream which forewarns people of their 'coming soon' death.

After I calmed myself down a bit, I peered through the window, from where I had seen the man entering in my dream. There was pipeline that led down to the backyard where I saw Libbie and Phoebe planting a sapling.

Sofia Davidson.

Though the children made a lot of noise inside the house, yet I had a nice, comforting and descent sleep, the one I missed so long in this tiresome entire journey. There was no bad dreams about mom or dad or Louis. I want to talk about it to aunt sometimes but not now; I mean, we just came here today and I don't wanna make myself sad the entire holiday, if what I dreamt was really how my parents were. I have 9 days in hand. I'll ask her sometimes later.

I got up from bed at 11:00 a.m. and headed downstairs after refreshing myself. Oh gosh! I had a decent bath after 7 days, can anybody believe that?

Aunt was in the kitchen, preparing lunch. Uncle was watching TV and the children were playing with legos. As soon as the children saw me, they ran towards me and hugged my legs as they were too small to reach my height. I quickly bent down and picked them up in my arms, greeting them. Phoebe without wasting anytime asked me, "Will you play with us?"

"Sure, sweetie. I'll play with both of you," I smiled at them.

Uncle by now noticed me and said cheerfully, "Hey! Girlie come here."

I smiled at him and went to the sofa where he was sitting, with the children. They carried the legos with me towards the sofa. We were engaged in a wrapped up conversation, when suddenly a news caught my sight on the TV. It was about a woman who had died due to suffocation after her room caught fire. The fire soon spread all over the flat where she lived. Though the fire brigade was fully able to extinguish the fire and the building was still in good shape, they failed to rescue the woman in time. What stroke me the most was that she had straight yellow hair and dark blue eyes familiar to Laura's- it was that woman who had followed us all the while from Johannesburg to Heathrow.

I told uncle about the woman. Aunt who was in the kitchen and still listening to our conversation said, "Hmm... seems suspicious. Anyway, we are not the police to think about it."

"Yah, you are right," uncle agreed and went to the kitchen and pecked her lips. I followed into the kitchen and asked aunt, "Can I help?"

"Sure."

I washed all the vegetables and did all the little things she asked me to do. The children had gone to the garden about fifteen minutes ago. After I helped aunt finish cooking the lunch, I joined the children in the backyard. They were planting a beautiful rose sapling. Laura was also there, helping them. I called Laura and she immediately turned towards me along with the children. The children had their clothes brushed with mud and dust. I asked Laura, "You up?"

"Yah, you sure can see that."

"Mind if I join?"

She splashed a mug of water at me and said, "Yah sure!" Then the fun began.

/*I am sorry if yesterday's update was not that good, I was not at home yesterday and I kinda started writing the rough draft at around 10:00 p.m. and started writing here at around 12:00 a.m. I was in my uncles house and I have two cousin sisters, and they won't allow you to lie down for one second. You always have to play with them. I was THIS tired! Anyway, that was yesterday, today I'm completely fine. Enjoy reading, voting and commenting. ☺♥♪♫ */