4: Kissing cheerleaders

It's Friday night, the gang and I are at a back to school party. This week hasn't been the best.. Sawyer and I haven't talked since Tuesday. Of course he has picked me up but we haven't talked. Not to each other at least.

I'm not drunk yet but I'm super buzzed. I'm feeling brave, but not confident.. That's how I get every time I get drunk. Gosh, I like Sawyer, he's perfect.. I want to tell him how I feel. Right now I'm inside of Nicks house. Every junior and senior that goes to our school is here. No exaggeration there.

Nick throws the best parties. Everyone either hangs out inside or out by the pool. I do two more shots before I decide to tell Sawyer how I feel. I'm going to do it while this alcohol is making me not care so much. I walk around the house about 3 times before I decide that he's not in here. Clay walks up to me and trades my empty cup for a full one. "Have you seen Sawyer", I said basically screaming over all the noise.

"Yeah he went out back, Kiles", he said, I could tell he wasn't drunk. I went out back, stumbling here and there. Finally I reached the sliding door that takes you to the pool. I open the door and see something that I haven't seen for about a month. It took my by complete surprise.

I saw Sawyer pushed up against the pool shed with a girl basically raping his face. Her hands were staying on his face and through his hair while his were roaming all over her body. He was lifting up her shirt and going at it. The worst part is that he was liking it.. Wait, no, the worst part is that the girl that was raping is face is one of my least favorite people ever. Ally Gray, one of the sluts on Sophia's cheer squad.

A wave of anger came over me and I decided to do something to stop this. Drunk Kylie couldn't hold in her feelings as well as sober Kylie can. I went to turn on the sprinklers to get her off of him. I ran inside to the laundry room where they keep the sprinkler remote. As soon as I turned it on I heard a scream and I busted out in laughter.

Ally ran inside drenched with water. She had the worst look on her face, like she was going to kill someone. Sawyer came in a little less wet. He was grinning a little but he was obviously trying not to laugh. I guess he saw the hilarity in the whore getting soaked.

"Hey, you should go to Walmart and get some more clothes.", Sawyer said still smirking a little.

"Why would I go buy clothes when I already have a lot at home. I wouldn't wear off brand anyway", Ally said snappy.

"I know, but walmart is closer. Also, if you go to Walmart, we can still hook up.", Sawyer said smirking. Horny teenage boy.

Ally smirked and said, "Fine, you better be here when I get back." Sawyer just nodded and Ally walked out with everyone staring at her. As the party started getting loud again, Sawyer just smiled at me shyly and walked away..

He's still avoiding me and the worst part is, I don't know why. He's my best friend and I love him but I'm tired of him avoiding me. I walked over to Clay and he still wasn't drunk. "Hey Kiles. Having fun?" He said without slurring one bit even though he's had two shots of tequila, and that's only the ones I just seen him swallow.

"So you're not drunk at all?" I asked. It was pretty obvious he had a high tolerance for anything alcoholic, but I needed to ask him something and how I was feeling needed to be the opposite of how he was.

"A little buzzed, but barely. Why?" He asked, eyebrows rising quizzically.

"I need a ride to Walmart. I want to follow Ally Gray there and I'm too drunk and angry to drive." I said explaining my request.

"Well I hate to leave a party, but sure. Why do you want to follow her to Walmart? Also, why did she leave this cool party?" He says feigning hurt. Which isn't understandable because it's not even his party, it's nick's.

"It's a long story." I state, trying to subtly tell him I don't want to talk about it. "We have to hurry, though, let's go." I say eager to get there already.

We walked out into the yard and luckily Clay likes to show up fashionably late to parties, so he's one of the last cars parked which means we're not blocked in. Good news. I open the passenger door to his green jeep that he loves so much.

"Hey, hey. Watch the slamming. Geez, how many drinks have you had? He says, upset that I might have hurt his baby.

"Not a lot." I said lying. "Just enough to intoxicate."

The rest of the ride was pretty silent. I cranked up the music and we jammed along, but I didn't dare sing. I can't sing good whenever I'm sober, and I want even going to attempt to do so while drunk.

We followed two cars behind Ally the whole seven minute ride to Walmart so that she wouldn't notice us. I guess she didn't have many drinks. I didn't see her swerving at all, and she was driving fast. Wanted to hurry and get back to get into sawyer pants. Little does she know he's probably looking up with another girl while we're on the road. I try not to think about this possibility. I want to stay angry for when I get to confront Ally at the store, but if I keep thinking about sawyer having sex with other girls I'm going to get sad. I usually try to not be a sad drunk. Angry is no better I guess, but I'm not feeling too funny right now so no luck for that.